Argentinian internationals and Quarantine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe (and could be wrong) that the players from the UK did not declare that they arrived from the UK but lied about their original Country of origin.

If true it's falsification of a travel document, it's not for the Brazilian authorities to trace where they came from it's the fact that allegedly those players lied.

If this is true it's the players and their advisers that are inept.
You do realise the players do not fill out this documentation

This is very much FIFA's arrogance in organising footballl games in a locations without bothering to properly check whether the host countries laws/regulations would be breached. On the contrary FIFA were fully aware before the match that there could be issues pointed out by PL clubs taking the unprecedented step of publicly requesting all the players not to go.

It seems to be agreed that Argentina FA then made false statements on the documentation used to permit the players entry into the country.

I've travelled widely on business and had my company or a travel agency arrange the likes of visas to allow me to enter the countries I have visited - but in each case I as the person being granted the visa has had to sign a document saying the data on the application is correct. So my guess is the players signed documents saying they had not been in UK during the previous 14 days in order to enter Brazil, and if they did then the players are idiots and must have known the document they signed was untrue and that they knew they were breaking Brazillian law.

Really hope the Argentinian FA officials signing documents are in court tomorrow on relevant charges - shame FIFA wont be there

Hope the 4 Argentina players are put on a plane back to UK and told if they refuse, they too end up in court - maybe that will wake them up to the fact footballers are not some sort of elite who are above national laws.

Do people really believe the players lied? I know footy players have a reputation for being stupid but this would be blatant!

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

I doubt that they would have any part of filling in forms and arranging visa's etc.

Disagree, if I need a visa to go to a county my company or an agency often organises the visa - but I as the individual have to sign the visa application form which has been filled in by others.

Very likely similar process as its an immigration offence they have committed.

Clearly Argentinian FA prompting players to break Brazilian immigration law by supplying untrue statements (not being in uk in previous 14 days)

You do realise the players do not fill out this documentation

Usually visa application forms need to be signed by the person getting the visa

So VERY likely the players signed a form prepared with incorrect information by Argentinian FA, and being able to read and being adults committed an immigration offence .

So SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs as you disagree my posts pointing out the players would need to sign visa applications, can you confirm that you have never had to sign a visa application ?

I've had to sign plenty when travelling - even when others have filled in the forms for me.

Somehow the game between Guinea and Morocco getting called off due to an on going armed coup in Guinea did not become the wildest thing to happen during this international break.

So SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs as you disagree my posts pointing out the players would need to sign visa applications, can you confirm that you have never had to sign a visa application ?

I've had to sign plenty when travelling - even when others have filled in the forms for me.
I've gone places with work where I didn't need to, they needed to register me.

It could have been a team declaration rather than individual also.

I've gone places with work where I didn't need to, they needed to register me.

It could have been a team declaration rather than individual also.

A visa application which you didn't need to sign ? No country requiring a visa ha allowed me not to sign the visa application it unless I gave a power of attorney for someone else to sign it on my behalf - but its still my liability if the declaration signed is incorrect.

Visa applications are for individuals - not teams - which is why I discounted that as being less likely.

A visa application which you didn't need to sign ? No country requiring a visa ha allowed me not to sign the visa application it unless I gave a power of attorney for someone else to sign it on my behalf - but its still my liability if the declaration signed is incorrect.

Visa applications are for individuals - not teams - which is why I discounted that as being less likely.
We are assuming Visa declaration at the moment, could be different permits.

Esta can be done centrally for multiple for an example.

(I had to supply my NI and passport for a permit to work in a country and no signature)

We are assuming Visa declaration at the moment, could be different permits.

Esta can be done centrally for multiple for an example.

(I had to supply my NI and passport for a permit to work in a country and no signature)

Anything us possible I guess,

But as this is an immigration law offence it should operate like a visa, but I'm no expert on Brazilian immigration law

But I certainly would not rule out the players foolishly making false declarations at the behest of Argentinian FA as some posters s were saying.

Back
Top Bottom