Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, but you want to add to your list building stadiums/infrastructure - not insignificant spend
Of course not 100% of the revenue goes on wages . If it did at any club, that club is in trouble.

Also we cant say we are building a stadium, so we are going to pay less to the players. They will go somewhere else where they get paid their worth.

.....And yes they are stupid enough not to learn their lesson; hence Salah thinks he can draw 500kpw at Barca. :pritchardeyes:

Well he could have done last year.

Me thinks the bank balance isn't there at Barca to allow them to pay him that, and when I last looked Spanish FA were refusing to allow Barca to register players without other players being sold

Well he could have done last year.

Me thinks the bank balance isn't there at Barca to allow them to pay him that, and when I last looked Spanish FA were refusing to allow Barca to register players without other players being sold

I am aware of that situ... I haven't been asleep all summer, mate! LOL

I’ll readily admit I’ve quite enjoyed the speed of the front three in the 433. Less so with Harry’s return.

And with that I’m not sure where he’d fit, possibly useful versus teams where we need an intellectual pass or some smart movement off the ball

but you’re right seems happy to not make a fuss sat very deep on the bench

Van Basten told Voetbal Zone: “It just wasn’t smart choices. If you say you spoke to Real Madrid and then you go to Manchester United, you are betting way too high. Van de Beek is not that good."

“As number ten at Ajax it is much easier than as number ten in Spain or England. In the Netherlands you get a lot of help, you get opportunities, but that is not the case abroad.”

Van Basten told Voetbal Zone: “It just wasn’t smart choices. If you say you spoke to Real Madrid and then you go to Manchester United, you are betting way too high. Van de Beek is not that good."

“As number ten at Ajax it is much easier than as number ten in Spain or England. In the Netherlands you get a lot of help, you get opportunities, but that is not the case abroad.”
Happily didn't apply to Eriksen. Wish we had him prime right now.

Where will all the money go then? All the sponsorship money, tv money, ticket money, if it shouldnt go the players then where should it go? Its not just football, in every sport where theres money, the people who work for it would want a part of it.
Do you really think a bloody footballer is worth 2 mil a month...? Our priorities are completely screwed up. The finest brain surgeons, the scientists who are fighting covid, etc etc are not considered as important as Salah, Kane and all the other money grubbing arseholes who's contributions are 90 minutes of running round after a ball twice a week. 2 mil a month....come on.

Do you really think a bloody footballer is worth 2 mil a month...? Our priorities are completely screwed up. The finest brain surgeons, the scientists who are fighting covid, etc etc are not considered as important as Salah, Kane and all the other money grubbing arseholes who's contributions are 90 minutes of running round after a ball twice a week. 2 mil a month....come on.
Yeah but you really are as you have acknowledged writing a critic of capitalism not football.

Interesting there must’ve been plenty football people thought he was 50m quid good enough for Utd

but Van Basten must have seen a whole lot more of him and that’s a typically candid Dutch appraisal and of course pretty damning

maybe we could have gotten his take on Janssen!

ta for the link

I agree but when you see Tom cruise in mission impossible you have to sit back and accept he’s worth every cent of those 20mil dollars

Entertainers of all forms get more money than doctos and nurses and blahblah. Thats the world we live in. Unlikely to change because you dont like it.

Last five years transfer figures, ordered by net spend (not including Romero for us which would add 50m to the net spend deficit and make us 4th biggest net spenders):

5X8o7qK.png
There is no 50m for Romero

Entertainers of all forms get more money than doctos and nurses and blahblah. Thats the world we live in. Unlikely to change because you dont like it.
They generate huge amounts of money for a lot of people. Not sure how long the entertainment factor will stay with the likes of City ruining competitiveness.

Talking of wages, Salah's demands for 1/2 mil p.w don't seem to fit his supposed ethos
Islamic law considers money to have no intrinsic value. Money is a measure of value only, and not valuable in itself; it is a medium of exchange or a unit of measurement, but not an asset. Money must therefore be converted into a commodity in order to be useful.Feb 13, 2017
That’s one interpretation of Islamic Law…. As per all religions, it’s open to interpretation as it’s quite simply based on a fable / Chinese Whispers

my pal is Muslim and certainly doesn’t think money has no value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom