Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are trying to tie him and firminho down. Just got Henderson and VVD.

That's a crazy wage though..... If I could get a banger of a fee; I'd sell.

Mane's looking old for his age.... His decline is gonna be fast.

I don't sense Klopp has the stomach for a rebuild and could be off in another year or two and leave them with an old squad in the dirty.

Talking of wages, Salah's demands for 1/2 mil p.w don't seem to fit his supposed ethos
Islamic law considers money to have no intrinsic value. Money is a measure of value only, and not valuable in itself; it is a medium of exchange or a unit of measurement, but not an asset. Money must therefore be converted into a commodity in order to be useful.Feb 13, 2017
Not just him, every player in the world wants the most money possible for their services. Its how the economy works. Probably his last big contract as a player, of course he will maximise his earnings.

They’ve renewed about 5 contracts though. That must have cost them a lot of money in bonuses and increased wages.
I'm not sure that's clever business. If they're not careful, they'll end up in the same kind of mess as us.

Look at the business they did in two out of the last three summer transfer windows. Absolutely scandalous. Klopp's reward for winning the CL was Minamino, van der Berg, Adrian and Lonergan. This summer, they've signed one player (Konate).

I'm not sure that's clever business. If they're not careful, they'll end up in the same kind of mess as us.

Look at the business they did in two out of the last three summer transfer windows. Absolutely scandalous. Klopp's reward for winning the CL was Minamino, van der Berg, Adrian and Lonergan. This summer, they've signed one player (Konate).
Jota’s a decent buy. Thiago was more of a win now supplement.

Over the long term no one will compete with City/Chelsea/Utd without spending like them. Sad but that’s all there is to it.

Last five years transfer figures, ordered by net spend (not including Romero for us which would add 50m to the net spend deficit and make us 4th biggest net spenders):

5X8o7qK.png

Where will all the money go then? All the sponsorship money, tv money, ticket money, if it shouldnt go the players then where should it go? Its not just football, in every sport where theres money, the people who work for it would want a part of it.

Agree, but you want to add to your list building stadiums/infrastructure - not insignificant spend

Where will all the money go then? All the sponsorship money, tv money, ticket money, if it shouldnt go the players then where should it go? Its not just football, in every sport where theres money, the people who work for it would want a part of it.

Perhaps somewhere in there TV subscriptions and match tickets could significantly drop in price....?

Romantic thinking I know; but......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom