Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Levy was supposed to be smart, we all saw how challenging the season ahead was with Covid and international games. No excuses, the mediocrity lies at his door.

dembele passes the ball to Ericksen near the edge of the opposition’s box where he plays one twos with Kane Ali and the wingbacks we don’t take up no spaces in the pockets and we don’t pass them in those spaces when they are available we are too afraid of his is literally killing us no 1 2s around the opposition box at all

I see. You'd probably set up a team with 11 strikers.

I guess you believe the same about the likes of Kanté (Appologies in advance for a Chelsea Reference), Fernandinio and Neves.

Nope don't think that at all.

Weird that you have to make up nonsense to try and make your point.

Loads of clubs have built histories and been just fine winning the league and then doing okay in the CL and their support has been just fine with that. You’re probably 22 or 23 and worship the CL. I’d prefer to gain some ground at home. My club’s identity, nor its coffers have to kneel before the CL for success. You should head over and support the Chelsea Chavs, fella. They’re more your speed.

Go easy on the poor boy.... He'll school you if the topic ever shifts to curling; right Igula Igula ?

To be fair I didn’t see him putting his hand up to come off. He had just played a role in the second goal and Nuno took him off. We actually lost some impetus when he went off. Ali came on and looked tidy but does everything slowly and our chance of winning had gone
He literally looked to the bench around 68 mins or so. After feeling his leg. I even mentioned it saying his boiler had burst.

We all underestimated Rennes because of the situation, battling away win if I’m being generous, we lack cohesion somewhat understandable due to players coming in.

Decent result

Lloris

Trippier
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Rose

Dier
Dembele
Eriksen

Alli
Son
Kane

Wasn't all that long ago our team often looked like that. And don't forget that both Alli and Dier were brilliant then.

Sad times.

Now I’m fucking depressed. We had a once in a generation chance to build on that squad and genuinely make us great.

:levystare:

Well we got a draw but what a dire performance. Doherty vying with ref for the most useless man on the pitch.

Doherty should be nowhere near this squad, his ineptness seems to have no limit, one of our worst ever signings.

Gollini is another worry, from what I have seen there is no way he is able to succeed llrois.

Fair play to hjobierg, actually out there, breaking a sweat and putting a shift in, take note Harry kane, another game of him just jogging about and dropping back far too deeply.

Current mood:

bbc GIF

Back
Top Bottom