Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was on the missing list for most of the game.
We so improved after he was subbed off.
We didn't create a single thing after he went off!!!! NOTHING.

This was his first game for nearly 5 months, he did more than OK within this context. Without him, we are fucking shite, no midfield control, creativity absolute zero. Every single one of our chances last night he was involved in and/or started.

It wasn't a brilliant performance, it was an OK performance, but one of our better players on the night for sure.

We started well because he controlled the midfield. Immediately after we scored they were better, they took control of the midfield, I thought he and the other midfielders couldn't live with the oppo's aggression and quick tempo they set after we scored.

With the oppo now having most of the ball the game passed him by in midfield, he found himself too high or too deep, he couldn't get in the faces of the oppo (non of our midfield did, not just him).

2nd half we stepped up a tad, and we competed in midfield better than we did in the first half (or did this happen because the oppo wasn't as aggressive and as quick as they were in the period after we scored????).

People seriously need to stop focussing on what he can't do for now (without the ball) because seriously without him on the ball we are gash. He's genuinely the only hope we have to create something from midfield, there isn't a single midfielder in our squad who can create. I'd sacrifice anyone of our midfielders to ensure that he's playing, otherwise, we will be watching paint dry for a season.

But he won’t. It will be back to PEH, Skipp and either Winks or if Nuno is feeling extra adventurous Ali. Ndombele will probably be brought on after 80 mins at 2-0 down when the game is already lost.
No chance, if he starts Winks against Kante/Jorghinho he wants fucking firing on the spot.

That's like starting Kane in a 100M race with Usain Bolt. Utterly fucking pointless.

He is clearly not fully fit , he is playing with 50% of his ability . 5 months benched and he lost all his confidence:tanguyhuh: but Tanguy skill is still better than anyone in our midfield .
Vs Rennes , 0 ball lost and all his pass were completed , great vision 360° around him , can do short and long pass .
Nuno had the perfect opportunity to see Hojbjerg , Skipp & Tanguy together for a classic approach .
He did as José with a team upgraded :mourhandlaugh:.

He is clearly not fully fit , he is playing with 50% of his ability . 5 months benched and he lost all his confidence but Tanguy skill is still better than anyone in our midfield .
Vs Rennes , 0 ball lost and all his pass were completed , great vision 360° around him , can do short and long pass .
Nuno had the perfect opportunity to see Hojbjerg , Skipp & Tanguy together for a classic approach .
He did as José with a team upgraded
Where are those passing stats from?

He is clearly not fully fit , he is playing with 50% of his ability . 5 months benched and he lost all his confidence:tanguyhuh: but Tanguy skill is still better than anyone in our midfield .
He did as José with a team upgraded :mourhandlaugh:.

Where are you plucking this figure from though, this we've only seen 50% of his ability nonsense? What's it based on?

All we've seen from him in his Spurs career so far are some moments of quality and a lot of mediocrity. There's no debate that he's more talented than our other midfielders, but it's hardly a ringing endorsement.

He needs to be starting games for us. That much is clear. But I don't get why a few people talk about him like he's Zidane and the rest of the football world just hasn't figured it out yet.

Incredibly, neither Skipp nor Hojbjerg made a tackle last night. I got that info from Sofascore and Fotmob.
Something very strange is going on but it's a tad worrying. Whilst not overly excited about Nuno coming in I was confident that he'll have us play a better version of Jose ball, because he's more "now" than the dinosaur and he'll have us fitter.

Early signs of this were all on show, we were pressing teams, very aggressively from our midblock and lots of tackles and turnover as a consequence. But with every passing game this has got collectively worse (I think Dele is the only midfielder posting consistent defensive numbers tackles and pressures etc). but the midfield mid-block is now turning into a low-block and also becoming very passive, again.

Palace - Spurs :
-Spurs 37% possession with 341 pass (82% completed)
-Palace 63 % possession with 498 pass (73%)
Rennes - Spurs :
-Spurs 59% possession with 564 pass (89%)
-Rennes 41% possession with 395 pass (82%)

And you rather this than us attack and create chances??!!!

That doesn't make us "better"

Nope, not for me matey, that's dogshit football, cowards football.
In the last 10 minutes after going behind I was pleased we played with 11 men instead of ten and held on for the draw.
In other games we might need to go for it last knockings but not last night.
Draw was a good result with all our personnel problems.

Last edited:
Palace - Spurs :
-Spurs 37% possession with 341 pass (82% completed)
-Palace 63 % possession with 498 pass (73%)
Rennes - Spurs :
-Spurs 59% possession with 564 pass (89%)
-Rennes 41% possession with 395 pass (82%)
Palace-Spurs played with 10 men
Rennes- Spurs played with ...oh, never mind.

Something very strange is going on but it's a tad worrying. Whilst not overly excited about Nuno coming in I was confident that he'll have us play a better version of Jose ball, because he's more "now" than the dinosaur and he'll have us fitter.

Early signs of this were all on show, we were pressing teams, very aggressively from our midblock and lots of tackles and turnover as a consequence. But with every passing game this has got collectively worse (I think Dele is the only midfielder posting consistent defensive numbers tackles and pressures etc). but the midfield mid-block is now turning into a low-block and also becoming very passive, again.
This is what my eyes are telling me at the moment. Maybe the players are not buying into it, or maybe the opposition have worked out a way to combat it. I am starting to feel that if you can bypass our 8s when you are building up, we are in real trouble. Nono's got them pressing very high and wide at times, and when you play around them, I think our fullbacks are left isolated. Do you see anything like that?

Back
Top Bottom