Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus christ, do you like to hear yourself speak.

Your proposing the government forceably wrest control of commercial enterprises away from their rightful owners and bestow control of that enterprise on the public. Its nationalization of sport.

If you want to equally propose that this is a better way forward, in general, and that free market capitalism is a danger to society then that's fair enough. You're free to hold those views.

But FFS, stop pretending like what you're proposing isn't the illegal seizure of commercial property. You want to start a revolution, fine, go ahead. Football seems a pretty stupid reason to do it, though.
I am not super knowledgable about British politics, but didn’t Labour run on nationalizing the railways like three years ago?

Also what exactly do you propose to do about City and PSG?

And who gets to decide those levels? So we're ok with someone hoarding billions, contributing to a system that causes homelessness, starvation, suicide etc but that's where we draw the line?

Not saying the Saudis aren't levels of evil above Joe Lewis, heck, they're leagues above him, but why is any evil ok?

It quite difficult to prove that individually Joe Lewis causes suicide, starvation and homelessness. For the U.K. we don’t have much in the way of starvation but homelessness is a big issue and one which governments have not remedied because they haven’t done a proper house building program for 60 years.

Offshore tax is a big issue for governments being able to pay their services but that can only be remedied by a large agreed global tax agreement which is being looked at. As for billionaires they are not ideal and probably should not exist but not sure they can be compared to massive human rights violators.

I am not super knowledgable about British politics, but didn’t Labour run on nationalizing the railways like three years ago?

Also what exactly do you propose to do about City and PSG?

You could nationalise football clubs here via an act of Parliament, the PM could even try on his own (although that would risk a Supreme Court Ruling). It just won’t happen because:

1 it would strain relations with certain countries
2 not essential like rail or energy
3 U.K. government has shown itself a whore to money with only pretend morals

Sharia law coming to Newcastle.

beheadings, torture and public whipping of the LGBT community, still, at least ir will be safer to drive on the the roads of the north east when women are banned from driving

You could nationalise football clubs here. It just won’t happen because:

1 it would strain relations with certain countries
2 not essential like rail or energy
3 U.K. government has shown itself a whore to money with only pretend morals
I don’t doubt its impracticality.

But when football fans style themselves as oh-so-clever and oh-so-knowing of the way the system works that they can anticipate every problem and counterargument rather than straightforwardly advocate for what they want they, we, are pre-surrendering.

And being more disgusted by seizure of private property (which I still think is overstating it, but whatever) than by billionaire tax exiles whose money was looted directly from the British Treasury is, well it’s certainly a point of view.

I don't need this explaining in terms of economics; but your take here is extremely fluffy and severely lacks perspective.

Again: ACTUAL MURDER.

I think you're being increasingly silly.... Plenty of people mourn the affects of capitalism; both inside and outside of football.

None of this strengthens the suggestion that it's all much of a much-ness.

One of the richest men in the city typically owned the football clubs (once they stopped being genuine clubs)...... Jack Walker vs The Saudi shitbags or thieves like Abramovic????? ......All the same to you?

GTF.
Billionaires cause poverty, poverty causes homelessness and also suicide. People die on the street from homelessness. I think that should have called for outrage? They don't get the bad PR but at the end of the day people are suffering and dying so that some cunt have a nice lifestyle, that is murder in my eyes.

Maybe my argument is coming across as fluffy, I believe in what I'm saying though. I'm not saying that any Premier League owner is as evil as the Saudis. The Saudis are unquestionably the most evil, and I guess that's where you're saying that they call for the biggest outrage. I'd agree with you! It would call for the biggest outrage, but football has shown time and time again that it will welcome any kind of bastard in. This started with the typical billionaire owner, which has become a standard norm and harbours next to no outrage, not in my life anyway. In fact, the only way any of these owners have outrage shown against them is when they aren't spending money on signings so I would say no the affects of capitalism definitely haven't been mourned within football.

So the Saudi's have had to pay the EPL £1 BILLION to wipe clean their broadcasting rights breaches and push this take-over through......

All good... No bother...... Nothing to see here..... Football is fine....... Nothing that Gold & Sullivan couldn't afford to do. :deledoubt:

Last edited:
Billionaires cause poverty, poverty causes homelessness and also suicide. People die on the street from homelessness. I think that should have called for outrage? They don't get the bad PR but at the end of the day people are suffering and dying so that some cunt have a nice lifestyle, that is murder in my eyes.

Maybe my argument is coming across as fluffy, I believe in what I'm saying though. I'm not saying that any Premier League owner is as evil as the Saudis. The Saudis are unquestionably the most evil, and I guess that's where you're saying that they call for the biggest outrage. I'd agree with you! It would call for the biggest outrage, but football has shown time and time again that it will welcome any kind of bastard in. This started with the typical billionaire owner,

.....So millionaires were fine? Inflation considered, millionaires in the 80's/90's didn't similarly cause a trickle-down of have-nots?

which has become a standard norm and harbours next to no outrage, not in my life anyway. In fact, the only way any of these owners have outrage shown against them is when they aren't spending money on signings so I would say no the affects of capitalism definitely haven't been mourned within football.

There have been all sorts of protest and criticism of #ModernFootball over the years. It's dishonest of you to claim otherwise.

Regardless.....

To what ends are you saying A-N-Y of this....?

Death to all capitalism.....?. Fine... Lovely...... How do you propose we get football back to a pre WWII economic model?

Iron-fisted communism?

(I don't expect an answer btw..... Broadly speaking I'm anti-capitalism........ I just think you're being silly and peddling rampant idealism.)

Last edited:
Apparently these new owners are even richer than City’s so we can look forward to even bigger inflation in the transfer market. £100m for Ben White.

.....So millionaires were fine? Inflation considered, millionaires in the 80's/90's didn't similarly cause a trickle-down of have-nots?

There have been all sorts of protest and criticism of #ModernFootball over the years. It's disshonest of you to claim otherwise.

Regardless.....

To what ends are you saying A-N-Y of this....?

Death to all capitalism.....?. Fine... Lovely...... How do you propose we get football back to a pre WWII economic model?

Iron-fisted communism?

(I don't expect an answer btw..... Broadly speaking I'm anti-capitalism........ I just think you're being silly and peddling rampant idealism.)

Well I don't and never claimed to have had a solution to all of this. I'm just trying to explore the topic. I believe that you have to just view football as another commodity of life, go and enjoy the game, brag/complain about the performance and then go home. Billionaires will always be a part of football now, and we will never be able to get the German club model. I think like quite alot of people from my generation I have quite a nihilistic view on life so my view of football is similar.

It quite difficult to prove that individually Joe Lewis causes suicide, starvation and homelessness. For the U.K. we don’t have much in the way of starvation but homelessness is a big issue and one which governments have not remedied because they haven’t done a proper house building program for 60 years.

Offshore tax is a big issue for governments being able to pay their services but that can only be remedied by a large agreed global tax agreement which is being looked at. As for billionaires they are not ideal and probably should not exist but not sure they can be compared to massive human rights violators.

Joe Lewis has a net worth of 4.8 billion. He hordes resources he has earned off the back of hard working, working class people. He has more properties than anybody could ever need, whilst people go without a roof at all. He also has a yacht valued at over 100 million pounds and a personal art collection valued at over a billion, but when COVID hit wanted to furlough staff on minimum wages who are just trying to stay afloat in life. He is a parasitic, selfish individual, who is absolutely responsible for his own greed.

These people might not be as directly cruel as the Saudis, but they are still morally bankrupt villains in their own way.

Well I don't and never claimed to have had a solution to all of this. I'm just trying to explore the topic. I believe that you have to just view football as another commodity of life, go and enjoy the game, brag/complain about the performance and then go home. Billionaires will always be a part of football now, and we will never be able to get the German club model. I think like quite alot of people from my generation I have quite a nihilistic view on life so my view of football is similar.

...But basically you've not advanced things at all beyond your original sentiment which was that one shouldn't kick up a fuss about murderers cos all rich people are bad and it's all already ruined anyway.

p.s. I have no idea how old you are so "my generation" gives no context; but just cos you consider yourself somewhat nihilistic, you're wrong to project that over everyone and suggest that no-one else cares either.

I don't know why this has to be said, but there is a significant difference between a nation-state buying a football club purely for sportswashing purposes compared to some random ass billionaire twat who buys the club to pump their own ego or make money.

You could say Abramovich is a bit of a tweener considering his fortune was directly related to funneling money away from the Russian people with the help of his government connections, but it's still not comparable to Qatar/UAE/SA.

Back
Top Bottom