Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know why this has to be said, but there is a significant difference between a nation-state buying a football club purely for sportswashing purposes compared to some random ass billionaire twat who buys the club to pump their own ego or make money.

You could say Abramovich is a bit of a tweener considering his fortune was directly related to funneling money away from the Russian people with the help of his government connections, but it's still not comparable to Qatar/UAE/SA.

Lol Abramovich is borderline a mafia kingpin if you do even a little bit of research in to his life's 'work'. He is a real life movie villain with influence that extends in all the worst places, and most of his money comes from destroying the planet we live in. Threats, intimidation, money laundering and corruption are second nature to him.

Lol Abramovich is borderline a mafia kingpin if you do even a little bit of research in to his life's 'work'. He is a real life movie villain with influence that extends in all the worst places, and most of his money comes from destroying the planet we live in. Threats, intimidation, money laundering and corruption are second nature to him.
I'm aware, but he's still not, ya know, a country.

Him passing the "fit and proper" test if it existed 18 years ago basically opened the door to everyone, so he's patient zero in all this.

Which is why equating mere greedy cunts to scum like this is pure folly.

Which is why equating mere greedy cunts to scum like this is pure folly.

Those greedy cunts do business with men like that without even a second thought, they'll drench themselves in that blood money and feel zero guilt for doing so. And they'll also happily store their insane fortunes abroad to prevent normal, struggling people from even getting a sniff of it.

Yes, they're objectively not as bad, but at this point I struggle to tell the lot of them apart. Perhaps that's a failing on my part, and as mentioned early it might be the cause of apathy. But the lot of them are guilty of some form of evil as far as I'm concerned.

...But basically you've not advanced things at all beyond your original sentiment which was that one shouldn't kick up a fuss about murderers cos all rich people are bad and it's all already ruined anyway.

p.s. I have no idea how old you are so "my generation" gives no context; but just cos you consider yourself somewhat nihilistic, you're wrong to project that over everyone and suggest that no-one else cares either.
Maybe I have struggled to articulate myself which led to some frustrations in the conversation. I find that you keep using logical fallacies to simplify my points though. For example, I never said we shouldn't kick up a fuss about the Saudis, quite the opposite in fact. I'm just exploring why the line of evil owners in football wasn't drawn much earlier.

Deuterz Deuterz born 1999 so Millenial/Gen Z.

So what’s going on?

Are Newcastle now absurdly wealthy?

Can we sell them Ndombele?

They will be wealthier than any club owners in world football, if it all goes through fully.

Will likely take a long period for them to challenge though. FFP is a minor obstacle which will mean they will have to spend time inventing sponsors and other forms of income. The best players also won't want to join yet, so they'll have to gradually improve the playing squad .. I'd say around 8-10 years before they knock on the door of the top 4.

Ndombele hates London doesn't he? He's going to fucking love Newcastle. Wae'aye man!

Those greedy cunts do business with men like that without even a second thought, they'll drench themselves in that blood money and feel zero guilt for doing so. And they'll also happily store their insane fortunes abroad to prevent normal, struggling people from even getting a sniff of it.

Yes, they're objectively not as bad, but at this point I struggle to tell the lot of them apart. Perhaps that's a failing on my part, and as mentioned early it might be the cause of apathy. But the lot of them are guilty of some form of evil as far as I'm concerned.

Almost definitely; it just all feels more than a bit condescending greeting the less apathetic/less nihilistic [delete according to respective poster] in our midst with this 'ah, they're all scum bags; what you moaning about?" sentiment.... Especially if in the next breath people are gonna reference arms dealing, sports direct wages and "all billionaires are murderers" and criticise the general populous in seeking to establish equivalence and/or a counter argument.

They also don't seem to mind when we accept 50 million pounds sterling of this so called blood money for one of our best players like Kyle Walker

The false outrage shown by some people on here is so fucking outrageous it defies belief.

And then the very same people who claim they don't support the owners ahead of the football club, openly admit they'd stop supporting Spurs if we had owners who ....... they errr... disaprove of.

confused-icegif-5.gif

Staggering levels of hypocrisy
Where does Levy compare to the Saudis John? a few less assassinations on Levy's hands? How would you feel if the Saudis were buying us?

Maybe I have struggled to articulate myself which led to some frustrations in the conversation. I find that you keep using logical fallacies to simplify my points though. For example, I never said we shouldn't kick up a fuss about the Saudis, quite the opposite in fact. I'm just exploring why the line of evil owners in football wasn't drawn much earlier.

Firstly:

"Evil"....... Like I already asked; where's YOUR line? You do understand that even now MOST clubs aren't owned by billionaires..... You've previously side-stepped my prior mention of owners like Kenwright, Walker, Shephard.... Owners genuinely loved by their fanbases...... They were still mega-rich by common standards; but by your sentiment "Murderers:.

Secondly:

You're still talking as if 1 man (you?) = all men.

Some protested/boycotted the establishment of the EPL (eg); the fact that it still prevailed doesn't mean no-one gave a shit at the time.

You too young to know about FC United? ....Wimbledon becoming MK Dons? ....A fair amount of Spammers didn't make the move to Stratford with them. Plenty of people over time have fucked-off corporate football in favour of non-league...... etc.

(Contrary to your earlier claim; NONE of this was routed in fans bemoaning a lack of TRF spending!)

Fans protest and boycott countless issues..... Regrettably, the lion's share of the time capitalism still prevails..... This doesn't mean that everyone just passively accepted everything and that no-one has "drawn a line".

Deuterz Deuterz born 1999 so Millenial/Gen Z.

👍

Last edited:
And who gets to decide those levels? So we're ok with someone hoarding billions, contributing to a system that causes homelessness, starvation, suicide etc but that's where we draw the line?

Not saying the Saudis aren't levels of evil above Joe Lewis, heck, they're leagues above him, but why is any evil ok?
You’re talking to someone under direct employment by ENIC and the tax dodging scum cunt Joe Lewis - don’t bother, mate

In his world Levy and Joe are financial saints - LOL

Joe Lewis has a net worth of 4.8 billion. He hordes resources he has earned off the back of hard working, working class people. He has more properties than anybody could ever need, whilst people go without a roof at all. He also has a yacht valued at over 100 million pounds and a personal art collection valued at over a billion, but when COVID hit wanted to furlough staff on minimum wages who are just trying to stay afloat in life. He is a parasitic, selfish individual, who is absolutely responsible for his own greed.

These people might not be as directly cruel as the Saudis, but they are still morally bankrupt villains in their own way.
Airfixx Airfixx - are you going to ignore this?

Would love to hear your thoughts

Ignoring the "who is the worst human on the planet" ranting what could this mean?

Well unlike Abro who came in when there were almost no rules on how much money you could pour into a club now there are, however as City have shown these rules are somewhat 'flexible' ...

The Saudis could legitimately invest a billion or so in sorting out the meccano stadium and training facilities into world class venues, no limit on the cash they can spend on that. They can't however just buy a billion pounds worth of players, not without creating a billion pounds worth of additional income first, they can't increase the wage bill much either without first increasing the revenue, so rop four type changes will take them a little while ...

That said Newcastle currently show total revenue of 240m with just 48m of that as Commercial income, the 'friends' of the new Saudi owners could easily sponsor everything from the stadium to the ground's toilet rolls and bring that up to well over 100m of Commercial income, more inline with the biggest EPL clubs, that would quickly allow for a big transfer splurge next summer.

Will it make them the next Chelsea/City, well whilst that's highly unlikely it's not impossible, probably the biggest difficulty they will have is taking players away from Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, London even Manchester and Liverpool ... Newcastle is a great night out but apart from that why would you?

The Premier league league evolving into Middle East owners purchasing trophies. Forget competitive balance….it’s simply about the money. Sad really. The irony of course …all of these English born clubs were once owned by proud English owners. What a disaster

Ignoring the "who is the worst human on the planet" ranting what could this mean?

Well unlike Abro who came in when there were almost no rules on how much money you could pour into a club now there are, however as City have shown these rules are somewhat 'flexible' ...

The Saudis could legitimately invest a billion or so in sorting out the meccano stadium and training facilities into world class venues, no limit on the cash they can spend on that. They can't however just buy a billion pounds worth of players, not without creating a billion pounds worth of additional income first, they can't increase the wage bill much either without first increasing the revenue, so rop four type changes will take them a little while ...

That said Newcastle currently show total revenue of 240m with just 48m of that as Commercial income, the 'friends' of the new Saudi owners could easily sponsor everything from the stadium to the ground's toilet rolls and bring that up to well over 100m of Commercial income, more inline with the biggest EPL clubs, that would quickly allow for a big transfer splurge next summer.

Will it make them the next Chelsea/City, well whilst that's highly unlikely it's not impossible, probably the biggest difficulty they will have is taking players away from Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, London even Manchester and Liverpool ... Newcastle is a great night out but apart from that why would you?
Highly unlikely ? Chelsea and City have already proved that any club can simply spend obscene amount of money in Prem with zero ramifications and deliver major trophies. Why would it be any different in Newcastle ?

Back
Top Bottom