Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, we are NOT all for it if it’s being thrown our way. Speak for yourself. There’s plenty on here who want nothing to do with having owners like Newcastle are getting.

You, and some others may want that, and trophies at any cost, but that says all we need to know about you lot, and that’s NOT a compliment.
Pretty sure You & many others wanted not just city’s blood money, but even more than was being offered just a few months ago.
Also why not uproar at walkers blood £££? You all seemed cool with blood money back then. What a surprise!

We been over this goat. You guys are happy with walkers blood money & were asking for even more of city’s blood money for Kane as it suited you.
Now it doesn’t suit you, you are dead against blood money.

I have No problem with anyone against blood money full stop. Just can’t agree with being pro blood money when it suits you, anti blood money when it doesn’t.
Says a lot about you & others that you speak out against blood money to look all moral despite just a few months early demanding more blood money than was being offered.
& that ain’t no compliment.
Deep down you know it’s very flawed to want & ask for blood money but then also speak out against it.

Last edited:
Couldn’t agree more, have always said I’m happy and proud of spurs for going about things the right way, yeah ok we’re shit on the pitch but at least we aren’t literal murderers

We’ll be a dying breed soon as a proper football club
You agree with him saying we aren’t happy with blood money being thrown our way? Even though he was cool with walkers & wanted more of it for Kane?
Hmmm

THE new rulers of Afghanistan are to buy out Middlesbrough FC for £320 million, the Premier League has confirmed.

The ultraconservative Islamists said that the purchase was made out of a lifelong love for Middlesbrough among the Taliban, who regard legendary players like Alan Foggon and Bernie Slaven as inspirations in their drive to establish an uncompromisingly hardline theocratic regime.

Donna Sheridan, spokeswoman for the consortium that fronted the offer, said: “The Taliban have offered assurances that although women, including myself, will not be allowed inside the stadium, we will be allowed within 100 yards on match days.

“Furthermore, players can be assured that they will only suffer amputations after exceptionally poor performances, and that these will even help them avoid falling foul of the FA’s ridiculous VAR handball rules.”

Jubilant supporters celebrated in front of the stadium, waving banners in support of the Taliban. Once seen as the mortal enemy of the West they are now regarded as local heroes for putting money into a club languishing in the Championship.

Fan Tom Logan said: “You’re always going to get jealous cynics dragging politics into football, even on a day of unmitigated good news like this. Well, pardon me but I’m going to slaughter a goat and fire my machine gun in the air.”

Pretty sure You & many others wanted not just city’s blood money, but even more than was being offered just a few months ago.
Also why not uproar at walkers blood £££? You all seemed cool with blood money back then. What a surprise!

We been over this goat. You guys are happy with walkers blood money & were asking for even more of city’s blood money for Kane as it suited you.
Now it doesn’t suit you, you are dead against blood money.

I have No problem with anyone against blood money full stop. Just can’t agree with being pro blood money when it suits you, anti blood money when it doesn’t.
Says a lot about you & others that you speak out against blood money to look all moral despite just a few months early demanding more blood money than was being offered.
& that ain’t no compliment.
Deep down you know it’s very flawed to want & ask for blood money but then also speak out against it.
Nope. I’ve never wanted City style blood money so you can apologise and edit your post.

Don’t ever lie/make things up again.

Don’t reply unless it’s an apology.

I’m anti blood money whether it’s for or against us, and I suggest you get your facts right before humiliating yourself in this manner from now on.

Makes me sick but it's just another example of the PL legitimizing scum.

It is disgusting how football allows these power mongers to hide behind their filthy regimes but fcuk it

Newcastle won't get there immediately but we know the most money talks.

It will take them a few years but we already know that soon they will be competing for honours. No real doubt about that.

What a sh!t way to get there but not the first. All Newcastle will do is add to that small elite group of pointless clubs with no real meaning other than to their own fans.

Football long since souled out. Yes I know what I did there!

Last edited:
I guess my feeling about it all is that unless you're a vegan and living like a Buddhist monk there is a moral question mark over the life you lead. How many people plan to boycott the World Cup in Qatar where homosexuality is illegal and punishable by death? How many people were outraged about Alli going to Dubai for fitness training in the summer when the whole city is built on slavery?

The reality is that if you eat a bacon sandwich for breakfast a pig had to die to make it happen. We're all guilty. I just focus on the football.

I'm going to turn my attention to the way forward for Newcastle. I think a new manager should be their statement signing and they ought to have a crack at getting Haaland or Mbappe for next season. I doubt they'll be able to offer CL football but if they offer a decent package, fly them over and show them around they might get lucky. The key thing will be to show top players that they have a viable vision for the future.

What I don't think they should do is start throwing money around and buying anyone and everyone for £100m plus just for the sake of it. Money has to be properly applied to achieve success and that means competing for the best playing and coaching staff, not paying over the odds for second best.

THE new rulers of Afghanistan are to buy out Middlesbrough FC for £320 million, the Premier League has confirmed.

The ultraconservative Islamists said that the purchase was made out of a lifelong love for Middlesbrough among the Taliban, who regard legendary players like Alan Foggon and Bernie Slaven as inspirations in their drive to establish an uncompromisingly hardline theocratic regime.

Donna Sheridan, spokeswoman for the consortium that fronted the offer, said: “The Taliban have offered assurances that although women, including myself, will not be allowed inside the stadium, we will be allowed within 100 yards on match days.

“Furthermore, players can be assured that they will only suffer amputations after exceptionally poor performances, and that these will even help them avoid falling foul of the FA’s ridiculous VAR handball rules.”

Jubilant supporters celebrated in front of the stadium, waving banners in support of the Taliban. Once seen as the mortal enemy of the West they are now regarded as local heroes for putting money into a club languishing in the Championship.

Fan Tom Logan said: “You’re always going to get jealous cynics dragging politics into football, even on a day of unmitigated good news like this. Well, pardon me but I’m going to slaughter a goat and fire my machine gun in the air.”

Fucking lol.

Satire running very close to reality.

They're gonna take Spurs' spot in the Super League when that finally goes through.
This is what Levy’s bitchin is all about - but ultimately it’s showing up the ENIC business model. and lack of investment /progress in the team. We can’t (wont) compete with the scummy Arabs/Oligarchs so the why bother questions are now being asked. They are not interested in NFL, concerts etc.just success on the pitch.

Can't wait for the enivitable "it's always been my dream to play for Newcastle" whilst collecting £1000000 a week.

I was wondering about this. Obviously money means the most to the majority of footballers but there will be a small amount of top players who will worry about their PR for signing with a regime with their history.

It will be a good few years before they can attract that type of player anyway. At the moment they need to concentrate on getting relegated. They’ve got a whole bunch of people running the club now that have zero footballing experience. Trousers could well be pulled down very hard with any luck.

A bloke on BBC News just said that the group that now owns Newcastle Utd don't have as much money as the fans seem to think. He said that they have responsibilities which handicaps them & they will be unable to spend like a Man City, PSG. Phew!...
I believe you, but I can’t find that reported/ commented on, anywhere.

Sums it up

A lot of people on here still don't understand what this is about. Ask yourselves why Arab states and oligarchs want to buy football clubs in Europe. It is not about the love of football. If they want "success on the pitch", it is to only further their other aims.
City fans still parrot regional propaganda. This week we have seen pissed up Geordies waving the shahada. Not too long they will be disseminating salafi talking points. And you can guarantee anti-Qatar propaganda will become a mainstay, I have already read some of it.

Back
Top Bottom