Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tbf he loves playing for England.

So there must be something wrong with him. Scared of getting injury? Really out of form?? personal problems?

His heads gone. He's had slow starts before and when he's not 100% fit he can often look immobile and even clumsy. But this goes beyond those things I think. No confidence and head all over the place. It can do funny things even to great players when your mind isn't where it should be.

Needs a good kick up the arse.

The 0 service argument won't wash anymore. As a CF if the ball isn't coming in to you, that's not an excuse to hide from the game. Get stuck in to the central defenders, fight for every header and loose ball that you can, chase down everything. So many defenders/keepers say the most difficult player they've played against was Diego Costa, why? He didn't give you a moments peace.

You can't always expect the game to be going your way. Roll your damn sleeves up, you're meant to be the star player.

Maybe Kane was trying to do us a favor by trying to force a move to City and trying to help us get top dollar while we can. That’s how much he loves Tottenham.

calculating the hangover GIF

His heads gone. He's had slow starts before and when he's not 100% fit he can often look immobile and even clumsy. But this goes beyond those things I think. No confidence and head all over the place. It can do funny things even to great players when your mind isn't where it should be.

Needs a good kick up the arse.
Yeah someone needs to say something to him
If he wants to break records etc. he's gotta get out of this slump

If he plays this badly all the way up till January, we won't get offers. Teams will be getting seriously bad Torres/Sanchez vibes at the moment.

Genuinely bloody concerning that we may have missed our opportunity to move him on at the exact right time, and will now be stuck with this Kane. I really hope I'm just overreacting and will be stupidly relieved if he gets back to a decent level.

Because this is shocking right now. We're watching a player who has absolutely zero confidence.
I've been saying if for a few years now, though I'm sure MemphisWill MemphisWill will say it's hindsight, that it's better to move a player a year too early than a year too late. It looks like it's at least a year too late at this point...for so many players.

To be fair, nobody knew he would be like this after the decent season he had under Jose.

I'm not sure it is confidence. It looks as if he is slowly trotting about trying to avoid an injury to get his precious move to City/Newcastle.

Nah, think he is short of confidence and sharpness.

Probably because of his lack of professionalism in trying to engineer a move in the summer.

Wanker as I maintain.

It's Erikson and Rose all over again - a brush with that sad little unkle fester bstrd results in players dying a death before leaving. Should have let him go and cashed in like vila did. Levy is a fn wnkr.

Levy will want £200million. The way he's playing £50million will be a stretch.

Levy fucked that up hugely.
Let's be honest.

Levy wanted 150 million minimum last summer and he'll want the same again this January and Summer. Levy doesn't pay attention to form.

He has his valuation and that's that. It'll bite us on the arse.

Gentleman's agreement was well and truly fobbed off because nobody met the valuation in time.

Harry Kane is brilliant and will score 20 league goals for us this season. For years and years he's gone through periods of looking like he's running in knee-deep sludge. The covid-break worked wonders for his body, he's a player uniquely unsuited to the relentless modern football schedule.

We should have made a deal with Man City for something over £100m to sell him and brought in Vlahovic, but we are where we are.

Back
Top Bottom