Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also made harder by the fact that we don’t have another CF, without moving Sonny across and relying on Bergwin remembering how he used to play.
The Bergwijn, Son, Lucas attacking trio from pre season and the first two league games was not that bad to be honest.

Maybe a bit too much of a counter attacking lineup but they pressed decently and allowed the rest to set up in defence. And we had a lot of movement. But we would be needle thin in CF.

Getting someone in to rotate with Kane will be paramount in January. Even if it is just a workhorse that can create space for Son.

As reliable as most rumours are; the Charly wedding story told us we'd agree a fee of 160m in the first half of the window...... Obv. that never came to pass and we are still left wondering if they'd even bid more than 75m + add ons.

It's definitely quickly forgotten how cunty City/Kane played their hand in all this.

People hate Levy enough that all the blame has quickly turned to him. I'm not exactly a fan, but I for one am not about to forget the way they went about it. Even the best of negotiators would've struggled with the way they tried to go about their business.

Sorry but no to all this justification for Kane or otherwise.

The bloke deserves fcuk all sympathy.

It was he that held a scandalous and contemptuous interview with that weasel Neville before last season ended, coming up with fanciful figures on his worth.

Then it was he who played silly fcuking buggers during the summer.

The only single downside to all this is that in the 3 PL games we have lost this season, the bloke ain't made a bit of difference when it was needed.

He needs to unravel the sh!t when he plays for us. In terms of England I really could not care less how the bloke performs. Very much Southgate's problem.

But all on I'm too big to respect my fans Kane.

Last edited:
But the supposed "Transfer Window Genius" should have planned for all eventualities.

And lets be honest, you think Levy doesn't use the same tricks when he's looking to buy players? Why do you think or signings normally come late in the window?

Anyway, weren't we definitely bringing in another striker who would play alongside Kane? And still we didn't sign a striker.

We obviously should have signed another CF in case Kane went in to the season stroppy. That was a failing. But the club also obviously did try to do that with Lautaro/Vlahovic but couldn't get it over the line. Which you can put on Levy, but other clubs (Atletico) failed in a similar fashion. It wasn't easy.

And he probably does. But that doesn't mean I can't say City were being underhand and making it very difficult to get things done smoothly. We all know Levy is a bitch to deal with in the market, I've said it loads on here.

And yeah as said, we obviously were, but couldn't do it. And then with a week or so to go with Kane clearly staying I think the club decided it wasn't worth overpaying and Kane for another season with Son as backup would do. Which wasn't exactly ideal as I've said before.

Sorry but no to all this justification for Kane or otherwise.

The bloke deserves fcuk all sympathy.

It was he that held a scandalous and contemptuous interview with that weasel Neville before last season ended, coming up with fanciful figures on his worth.

Then it was he played silly fcuking buggers during the summer.

The only single downside to all this is that in the 3 PL games we have lost this season, the bloke ain't made a bit of difference when it was needed.

He needs to unravel the sh!t when he plays for us. In terms of England I really could not care less how the bloke performs. Very much Southgate's problem.

But all on I'm too big to respect my fans Kane.
Not turning up for training was the final straw…..wouldn’t surprise me if he got his wish after that but failed the medical

The “committed” to Spurs….haha shambles

We obviously should have signed another CF in case Kane went in to the season stroppy. That was a failing. But the club also obviously did try to do that with Lautaro/Vlahovic but couldn't get it over the line. Which you can put on Levy, but other clubs (Atletico) failed in a similar fashion. It wasn't easy.

And he probably does. But that doesn't mean I can't say City were being underhand and making it very difficult to get things done smoothly. We all know Levy is a bitch to deal with in the market, I've said it loads on here.

And yeah as said, we obviously were, but couldn't do it. And then with a week or so to go with Kane clearly staying I think the club decided it wasn't worth overpaying and Kane for another season with Son as backup would do. Which wasn't exactly ideal as I've said before.
Here's a bit of food for thought.

Vlahovic is 6 feet 3 inches,, Martinez around 5 feet 8 inches.

So what was the thinking? A target man? A quick small striker? Was Vlahovic only if Kane was sold, but Martinez was a target either way?

See I thought this is what the Italian prick would be here to sort out. Looks like he's as lax and clueless as the previous person doing the job.

Here's a bit of food for thought.

Vlahovic is 6 feet 3 inches,, Martinez around 5 feet 8 inches.

So what was the thinking? A target man? A quick small striker? Was Vlahovic only if Kane was sold, but Martinez was a target either way?

See I thought this is what the Italian prick would be here to sort out. Looks like he's as lax and clueless as the previous person doing the job.

I think the Martinez transfer was opportunistic more than anything. We knew Inter were struggling financially and had a chance to get a very highly rated player for a not insane fee, but then obviously Chelsea came in for Lukaku and the rest is history.

Our other targets seemed to be more of your Vlahovic types.

Can't see anyone buying Kane the way things are. That ship has now sailed.

So we should invest in the team and bring in a quality striker, someone mobile with a bit of pace. This would allow us to play Kane in a deeper role, if he sorts his attitude out, and would add a bit of creativity in the side if he can find his passing game from last season. Son on one side, Moura or Gil in the other.

Or Son could be that striker, meaning we would need another quality wide player.

Can't see anyone buying Kane the way things are. That ship has now sailed.

So we should invest in the team and bring in a quality striker, someone mobile with a bit of pace. This would allow us to play Kane in a deeper role, if he sorts his attitude out, and would add a bit of creativity in the side if he can find his passing game from last season. Son on one side, Moura or Gil in the other.

Or Son could be that striker, meaning we would need another quality wide player.

Very amusing seeing so many people now crawling out the woodwork saying Levy should have sold Kane in the summer, huge mistake, etc.
I said he should be sold and was abused left right and centre for voicing that opinion. Lots of those same posters seem to have piped down somewhat now.

Very amusing seeing so many people now crawling out the woodwork saying Levy should have sold Kane in the summer, huge mistake, etc.
I said he should be sold and was abused left right and centre for voicing that opinion. Lots of those same posters seem to have piped down somewhat now.

I got a fair bit of shit too for saying we should sell him for less than what kept being quoted. In the history of football it's never been a positive thing whatsoever to keep a player that wants to be somewhere else. It's not like 100 million odd is peanuts for a player that's not 20.

I got a fair bit of shit too for saying we should sell him for less than what kept being quoted. In the history of football it's never been a positive thing whatsoever to keep a player that wants to be somewhere else. It's not like 100 million odd is peanuts for a player that's not 20.

Lets not re-open this can of worms again......

Bale & Modric both gave it the proverbial 'one more season' and delivered in spades in their final year.

There's probably LOADS of other examples at other clubs too.

I think the Martinez transfer was opportunistic more than anything. We knew Inter were struggling financially and had a chance to get a very highly rated player for a not insane fee, but then obviously Chelsea came in for Lukaku and the rest is history.

Our other targets seemed to be more of your Vlahovic types.

What bugs me in this dynamic is the suggestion that Kane's sale ought to have funded a rebuild yet we were wrong to refuse 75m......

£75m would have bought Martinez and literally nothing else.

Lets not re-open this can of worms again......

Bale & Modric both gave it the proverbial 'one more season' and delivered in spades in their final year.

There's probably LOADS of other examples at other clubs too.

I think Harry knows his chance of moving has been and gone though. City needed a striker this season. The rest that might want a striker will simply wait for Haaland or Mbappe etc. City included now.

Not turning up for training was the final straw…..wouldn’t surprise me if he got his wish after that but failed the medical

The “committed” to Spurs….haha shambles
I think it's pretty difficult for any player to make it clearer they want out.

I actually appreciated what Kane did, no bullshit, no treating the fans like morons. He wanted out, he said he wanted out.

The problem in all this is a chairman who shit himself at the thought of Kane leaving and bunkered himself down with his fingers crossed simply hoping everything would be ok.

But you and anyone agreeing with you are still completely wrong, so maybe stop blowing your trumpet until you can hold a note.

I think it's pretty difficult for any player to make it clearer they want out.

I actually appreciated what Kane did, no bullshit, no treating the fans like morons. He wanted out, he said he wanted out.

The problem in all this is a chairman who shit himself at the thought of Kane leaving and bunkered himself down with his fingers crossed simply hoping everything would be ok.

Let's not forget he didn't slap in a transfer request too, which is what most players who want out do as a final push for a transfer.

I think Harry knows his chance of moving has been and gone though. City needed a striker this season. The rest that might want a striker will simply wait for Haaland or Mbappe etc. City included now.

You could well be right, but I was responding to this statement:

"In the history of football it's never been a positive thing whatsoever to keep a player that wants to be somewhere else"

As I said before, I had already warmed ot the idea of a revamp and a fresh start, but merely trading in the family silver for another ST that may or may not click with the league wasn't some massive opportunity missed.... Even with the gift of hindsight it's a gamble. Financially, there was no "revamp" in the offing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom