Vitesse Arnhem v Tottenham Hotspur 17:45 Thurs October 21st

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's more worrying is that some of these will have to play Prem football for us
Think that we could be swapping a lot of players in Jan
We could offer Winks for Sanchez
Dele for Imobile

Watching Genk tonight and they are all running around, keen to impress.

The attitude is the problem, they are well paid and they clearly do not want to TRY.

I used to hate my boss but it didn't stop ne doing a good job !

Snowflakes ! Or maybe they are not as good as they thought !

NO EFFORT ! LAZY ! How does that fall on Nuno ?
Well if Nuno can't motivate players, can't get them to play together, can't improve them or coach them progressively WTF does he do? Have a nice beard? Getting someone better looking or the bearded lady.

Tell me, what does he do to earn his money?

Poch was a very skilful coach who made the very best of levys tight purse strings. Can you imagine levy being bank of england governor. Everyone would be using ration books like the war.
Redknapp and Poch were perfect for Levy because they could make average players look decent and were prepared to wheel and deal at the bargain end of the market (until Poch expected more the last year or two). Silly bugger sacked them both and ignored managers like ten Hag and Potter that might have repeated the trick.

Not signing a backup striker this summer has to be the stupidest thing this club has done in the last 20 years and it has some pretty stiff competition

Histrionics aside (because in another conversation; something else will also be heralded as the worst thing evaaar... again... and again); yes...... No ST takes a major dump over what was otherwise good work in the window this summer.

Last edited:
Histrionics aside (because in another conversation; something else will also be heralded as the worst thing evaaar... again... and again); yes no ST takes a major dump over what was otherwise good work in the window this summer.
Jury is still out on our summer signings for me

None of them have come in and had an immediate impact on this team

But then again we aren’t targeting players that can come straight in and improve the starting 11 with minimum fuss

Can imagine this january. Patirici to levy....'weve had a 50m bid rejected by fiorentina for vlahovic but he wants to come to us. Newcastle have a 52m bid accepted. What do you reckon? No thanks too big for us. Any other targets fabio? Got any headache tablets daniel?

They have been thrown together, this team is made up of an 11 of the rest of those left out, you're not gonna see any consisteny or cohesion from them in a match game no matter how many practice sessions they have together.
They haven't been thrown together. They just play like they have.

Redknapp and Poch were perfect for Levy because they could make average players look decent and were prepared to wheel and deal at the bargain end of the market (until Poch expected more the last year or two). Silly bugger sacked them both and ignored managers like ten Hag and Potter that might have repeated the trick.
I did want ten haag but got vibe when reading about negotiations he werent up for it. In his own little bubble there like rodgers is for leicester. Were at crossroads atm and sunday for me is a good benchmark.

Jury is still out on our summer signings for me

None of them have come in and had an immediate impact on this team

But then again we aren’t targeting players that can come straight in and improve the starting 11 with minimum fuss
Why do we do this only.
One decent signing like Bruno Fernandez could suddenly make a difference
They must sign a decent midfielder and borrow a C.F. backup
Apparently Sanchez Renato is available and borrow Imobile

Must get rid of Dele, Sanchez, Winks, Docherty to fund this

Promote Markandy to top group

Back
Top Bottom