Vitesse Arnhem v Tottenham Hotspur 17:45 Thurs October 21st

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems a good time to reintroduce Bergwijn. Moura wasn't exactly at his best today.

Vitesse are stronger opposition so a weak team won't cut it.
Sorry to disagree with you, but I thought Moura had a really good game against the Toon, which included tireless running, mazey little dribbles past several players and some good through balls.

What competition do we drop into if we end up 3rd in the group..?

final_size-squid_games_20211006004030.gif

Well that was fucking embarassing. We looked clueless against an meh Vitesse side who were all up for it. We had no desire or motivation to make it work. No plan besides hooving it long. It's a shame Gil and Gio have to play with this rubbish around them. Think Gil could become a great player.

Winks was hotheaded and could have got 2 yellow cards only by arguing with the ref. Very lucky to be on the pitch when the final whistle went. He cares though and wants to win and attack. He was visibly frustrated by the slow goalkicks of Gollini and slow buildup of others.

Scarlett got bullied and that probably won't do his confidence any good (again). You're basicly playing with 10 if you put him up against someone big and experienced like Bazoer. Men against boy.

Bergwijn isn't dangerous at all, so predictive and riskless. Needs to find his mojo very soon. Probably very low on confidence but should step up against familliar opposition like Vitesse.

Alli. I don't even know what his role is anymore. Every pass that wasn't backwards was a ball that ended up at Vitesses feet. Feels disconnected witht the rest of the team in a tactical way. He would flourish if people made clever runs in behind but we're so predictive.

I also felt physicly ill the whole time in the home end. I'm never never never never doing that again. You have to understand that I'm from Doetinchem (de Graafschap) and my girlfriend is from Nijmegen (NEC). We both hate Vitesse and Vitesse hates us with a passion. Lost all my respect for that club and their fans while I stood there when they were singing "hamas, hamas, all yews on the gas". Confronted a few since it made my blood boil. Typing thing makes me just as angry and dissapointed as yesterday again.

For once their stadium had an athmosphere. Atmosphere was probably the best that stadium had ever been with a home game. It was filled with one time visitors though. They even begged those one time visitor with banners begging them to come next home games.

"While you're here, we're playing Eagles this saturday ..."

LnGADx3.png

I was right next to the Spurs fans and got the good old goosebumps hearing 'oh when the spurs' and more so close to me and it felt like betrayal not to join in. Spoke to a few yids outside and that was great. Hope to attend a game in N17 and drink shit loads of pints with you all early next year.

Let's smash them at home.

Basically start today's bench and add Rodon at the back (if he's allowed to play for us any more?!) and maybe Scarlett up top...

Gollini
Tanganga
Sanchez
Rodon
Davies
Winks
Dele
Lo Celso
Bergwijn
Bryan
Scarlett

Lo Celso isn’t going to happen. Sell him whilst we can get some money for him.

Bored of his dinky left footed nothingness.
We need to learn that if they haven't turned in consistent quality performances for us after 2 seasons, it's probably time to cut our losses rather than 'hope' they'll turn into the player we dreamed theyd be.

If they're going to be good, most senior players have nailed their starting position after 2 seasons.

This does just as much to hold us back in my opinion as the investment or lack there of (I am not looking to get into that debate here). We have made it a tradition to not take "lesser" competitions or opponents seriously and that is holding us back. We're building the opposite to big dog and winner mentality.

If you don't play like you care in the Conference League or League Cup, why should you play in the Champions League or for the Premier League title?

Bayern want to win every competition that they are in every year, and if they somehow ended up in the Conference they would want to win that one too.
100%

It also allows players to shirk the pressure of being favourites. Play a good team and tell them they need to win the whole fucking competition. We always take the easy way out.

I hate how certain fans dismiss these cups. Who the fuck are we to turn our noses up at any trophy?

Or are we going to simply fill the empty cabinets with our architecture awards?

Back
Top Bottom