Vitesse Arnhem v Tottenham Hotspur 17:45 Thurs October 21st

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry to disagree with you, but I thought Moura had a really good game against the Toon, which included tireless running, mazey little dribbles past several players and some good through balls.
Lucas does for us what Nuno had Adama do at Wolves. He carries the ball in the opposing half and creates space for the guys that do the scoring.

Someone on reddit did a comparison of the two and you can really see the similarities if you know what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Lo Celso is absolutely garbage. Apparently he's decent playing for his national side. Well, do me a favour and fuck off to Argentina then.

Dele. I don't need to say much apart that I don't want to see that cunt anywhere near a Tottenham team again.

Bergwein. Waste of fucking money.

Winks. Fuck off.

Sanchez. Fuck off.

Davis. Fuck off.

Gollini. Shit and fuck off.

I'm done.

Why are people so upset about losing this. These games are being used for the second string to prove themselves. Theyve proven themselves to be shite. But these were good 90 minutes for Nuno to examine the squad. Think of them as friendlies.

I'm less annoyed by the defeat (although I do want us to do well overall in the competition, a trophy would be nice) and more annoyed and concerned by the state of the squad players we have at this club. At some point we're gonna have to rely on several of those players.

It's really, really bad. Alli, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Winks, Sanchez, Davies are all either bad footballers, or do not care for being at Spurs. Gollini also looks another mess of a back up goalkeeper, which is fantastic. Just overall outside of the starting XI we have so little quality.

Hoddle is bang on. No professional or personal pride. I used to work in a shit factory job for a while and even in that I had professional pride. How can they have none playing for Tottenham?

I take it you are not going over to Holland.
A fucking disgraceful decision by Nuno to send out a second rate team.
Defeat tomorrow and Sunday we are back to square one with the media and many fans calling for his head

The whole point of the decision behind tonight's squad is to ensure we have maximum capability for Sunday. It's not a disgraceful decision at all.

It's called managing a SQUAD.

I can't help but think if Lo Celso was black or just a bit urban like, he'd get far more stick than he does.

He just fell over the ball. Geezer is fucking hopeless
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

To be fair there are few here who've hated Aurier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Ndombele with all they have but somehow they cant get themselves to slate dier, winks, doherty and davies who have been equally bad or worse in doherty and winks cases. Maybe its a coincidence.
WTF are you talking about? Doherty and Winks get savaged on here on a regular basis, take your race baiting elsewhere.

I feel sorry for Scarlett. He's not been good but he's a kid breaking through and he's received zero support whatsoever from his senior teammates on the pitch. None of them help him out. Throw the kid a fucking bone once in a while.

Thing is, that end of things ought not to be a consideration. We have 11 players that ought to be committed to forcing their way into the starting XI, yet the most senior players on the night can't embrace the opportunity to do so.

We had £158m vs £5m on the pitch tonight (with no doubt a similarly astronomical wage difference)..... I don't blame, Nuno, history or ENIC(*) for tonight.

(*even the striker issue should have been at most an inconvenience)......

Whether or not one gives a crap about the ECL trophy itself; the shit we saw tonight is a common occurrence and was just as evident in the Europa league last season.
The theme is we have players who have been here too long, underperforming but comfortable in their life with the club. Winks, Dele, Davies, Sanchez are definitely in that group, the likes of Bergwijn and Lo Celso seem to be heading in that direction.

These players aren't under any real pressure. They get wheeled out for cup games that half the fans don't even care about and when they play poorly, they get put on ice until the next cup game/injury crisis, rinse and repeat. All the while, they pick up good money.

Guardian's assessment of the game, we were stunned apparently... Can anyone on here claim to have been stunned by watching us play out a drab goalless encounter with our second string, before conceding a late winner to a side that outplayed us???

Anyone at all?

Because I found it all too predictable.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but, man just someone like vinicius would make such a difference here.

I actually like Nuno's decision, to keep a tight starting 11 training at home for West Ham, but this is why we absolutely needed some sort of first team backup striker. Playing a 17-year-old is just insane.

Back
Top Bottom