In search of Nuno's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you want?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 39 30.2%
  • Scott Parker

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Erik Ten Hag

Votes: 16 12.4%
  • Paulo Fonseca

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Marcelo Gallardo

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Gian Piero Gasperini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

Votes: 39 30.2%
  • Steven Gerrard

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Lucien Favre

• Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Ralph Hasenhüttl

• Bo Svensson

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Sérgio Conceição

• Niko Kovač

• Total voters
My favorite remains ten Hag. I am confident he’d get us to similar heights that Poch got us.

I’d be more than pleased with Conte, but I can’t see it happening. Man’s elite and he’s not going to ruin his reputation with the shit going on at Tottenham at the minute.

Potter would be very good too. His Brighton side look solid this season and are probably going to finish around top 10, if they don’t have any injuries. I think he can bring a similar consistency at Tottenham and an attractive football style.

Other interesting managers: Gallardo, Coudet, Rose, but we’re unlikely to consider them.

As for Poch, I love the man but still not the time to reunite with him.

Does it matter when all of them are only going to be handed an 18 month contract?

I mean FFS Levy. Back to Mason and being linked with Fonseca? It's like last year all over again. And who the fuck wants to do that again

In terms of what I want

1 Potter
2 Ten Hag
3 Conte
4 Poch
Would say Gallardo just don’t know enough

However as Potter and Ten Hag are working I guess Conte, Gallardo would be fine. Take Gerrard or Parker at this point.

Not the Porto manager. He plays boring football.

What would make sense is the River plate manager , Gallardo. Contract expires in December. He plays good football and would cost us nothing. Sounds right up Levy's alley. Solution so perfect that he will probably can't see it despite it staring him in the face.

Ten Hag, Potter, Poch, and Conte for me. Given it’s the middle of the year I think it’ll have to be a manager who isn’t employed right now, so Conte would be best case.

The same 5-6 guys we should have considered in April/May. One is available now, one is available in December, the other four next summer.

Shockingly, not much has changed in that time.

Back
Top Bottom