Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder if Nuno was part of a plan concocted by Paratici and Conte in the summer when Levy wouldn't play ball in providing sufficient funding, get some absolute no hoper in instead, make Levy see the error of his ways and both Paratici/Conte end up with what they want and a firmer grip on how things are done...

I'd like to think that there is someone employed by the club that is capable of such long term strategic thinking.

I wonder if Nuno was part of a plan concocted by Paratici and Conte in the summer when Levy wouldn't play ball in providing sufficient funding, get some absolute no hoper in instead, make Levy see the error of his ways and both Paratici/Conte end up with what they want and a firmer grip on how things are done...

I'd like to think that there is someone employed by the club that is capable of such long term strategic thinking.
Was thinking exactly the same thing earlier on :)

Occam's razor would suggest that Spurs just complete shit the bed with another mind-boggling stupid farce. I'm going to go with that instead of trying to assume there was some amount of logic at play somewhere.

They better get this done soon, because we absolutely need someone of his stature leading us in our next battle against… checks notes… Vitesse!

Even if we do get him

Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

that's only half the battle, we then have to actually fucking back him in January and those signings need to be done in the next few weeks so its just a question of getting them finalised.

IF we have a big January and get Conte we could salvage this season and squeeze into that top 4.

But both things need to happen and I can't bring myself to believe it

The last 24 hours have been surreal as fuck

4D chess

Everyone thinks the likes of Ndombele will be out off favour, but Conte was the making of Pogba, a not dissimilar type of conundrum.

And even last year, the supposedly washed up Eriksen ended up somewhat rehabilitated under Conte. Often using him and Barella as 8's in the 352. There are also some similarities with Brozovic and Hojbjerg, neither are exactly zippy fuckers (although Brozovic is the better footballer with and without the ball).

There might actually be a silver lining if Conte uses his 352, we might actually get to see something like:

CB------------CB-------------CB

Royal--------Ndombele--------Hojbjerg(Skipp)--------Lo Celso---------Reguilon

Kane-------------------Son​

Last edited:
Most important part of backing him is letting him get rid of whoever he likes. No more Levy stopping deals like he did with Dele last January. If the manager wants him gone then we need get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom