Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte loved Pogba and wanted N’Dombele last year.

Yer Da hasn’t got a clue.
Everyone thinks the likes of Ndombele will be out off favour, but Conte was the making of Pogba, a not dissimilar type of conundrum.

And even last year, the supposedly washed up Eriksen ended up somewhat rehabilitated under Conte. Often using him and Barella as 8's in the 352. There are also some similarities with Brozovic and Hojbjerg, neither are exactly zippy fuckers (although Brozovic is the better footballer).

There might actually be a silver lining if Conte uses his 352, we might actually get to see something like:

CB------------CB-------------CB

Royal--------Ndombele--------Hojbjerg(Skipp)--------Lo Celso---------Reguilon

Kane-------------------Son​

Dele prepares his next tweet

giphy.gif

Everyone thinking we know who Conte will play and not. No one knows but Conte.

The guy could decide Harry Winks is the best midfielder at the club and play him every week. I wouldn't put it past him.
I mean he basically made Victor Moses look like one of the best RWB in the world so I wouldn’t put it past him to get something out of Winks.

There is so much deadwood in the squad who appear to offer absolutely nothing but bad, bad vibes. Until we can finally get rid of about six or seven players who have now seen off three managers without getting their arses in gear at all any manager in the world will have a tough time at Spurs.

Really surprised about the Conte rumours. I thought he turned us down because we weren't willing to spend any money? Perhaps a Kane deal has been done and that means there will be cash for players? I dunno.

The atmosphere in the stadium on Saturday was so toxic that I don't think there's any way Nuno could continue. A shame because I always want our boss to do well, whoever it is, and he did seem a genuinely affable guy who'd walked into a role where it was always going to be hard. The run of being in the Champions League is so recent in the memory, but also unreachable now, and the entire club knows how much they fucked up in getting rid of Poch.

Conte is the right man to sort us out but he won't come with a magic wand. Unless we back him, and sell at least 5 players currently part of the squad, we'll get not very far very fast. We need a centre back partner for Romero. Someone in midfield to pull the strings. Another top quality wide player. He needs to give Kane a good slapping and get him wanting to actually perform again. He's no miracle worker. Back him or we may as well have just kept Mourinho all along.

We need to get this done before United play Atalanta. United fans are getting far too carried away about the win against us, they weren't great, we were terrible, and Ronaldo was the difference. They'll come up against much tougher tests away to Atalanta and Man City on Saturday.

Conte is a game changer, and proves we aren't a small club. We are huge, and if we go into January with Conte pull, we could bring in 2-3 players who will change this squad completely. Go and win the Europa Conference League and one of the domestic cups. Then focus on the top 4 next season.

I’d love Tanganga Romero and one of Rodon/Sanchez flanked by Regulion and Emerson…

Why Sanchez? He's shown that sooner or later he's continuously a liability. Rodon is only slightly above average too right now. Fine as part of a squad but nowhere near good enough for the first team for any club that actually wants to do things.

Conte is the right man there's just no way these players can't respect him. Be interesting who is here at the start of next season.

Don't expect all out problems to be fixed tomorrow but there's definitely room for us to make top 4 if we improve this season.

We are behind Chelsea, City and Liverpool no question. But United can be caught if we end the season really well.

We need to get this done before United play Atalanta. United fans are getting far too carried away about the win against us, they weren't great, we were terrible, and Ronaldo was the difference. They'll come up against much tougher tests away to Atalanta and Man City on Saturday.

Conte is a game changer, and proves we aren't a small club. We are huge, and if we go into January with Conte pull, we could bring in 2-3 players who will change this squad completely. Go and win the Europa Conference League and one of the domestic cups. Then focus on the top 4 next season.
Talk about Utd fans getting carried away

Back
Top Bottom