Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone like Potter would be for when we're settled and to build on a strong foundation. What we need right now is for a monster like Conte to come in, sweep everything away, and start again
If Conte is a success then he will likely take this club to a place where a manager like Potter won't even get a look in after he leaves tbh.

Saying that though, how many top managers like Conte are really left in the game? I guess someone like Potter could be considered the "next wave" of top manager.

Our schedule is super juicy the next few weeks. I'm not expecting this team to start looking like a Conte team until around Christmas, but there are points to be had before then.

Potter was my first choice… I think this one is higher risk, higher reward… but I’m thrilled with it.
We need someone like Conte to come in first to build a culture of winning and success and to root out the weakness, not only in terms of talent but also in mentality at the club.

Once that is done then someone like Potter can take the reigns long term I suppose, I am personally still not convinced by Potter but he does seem like a better option than anything else on the market currently.

The thing that excites me the most is that since Poch we finally have a manager who we will back again. In time we will have a clear identity, style of play and a team. This isn't going to be like Mourinho or Nuno who were grateful to take job and manage the squad. Going forward we will be playing Contes system, if a player doesn't suit that system they are gone, if Conte wants a player who will suit his system we will go and get him. We don't have to spend crazy amounts of money, we just need to let the man coach and build. This won't be the scattergun circus of players that Levy and Hitchen have been assembling for years now, this will be an actual team!

Dreadful appointment simply dreadful

Volatile personality in a club desperate for stability.

Short term coach who doenst stay long at all, known for signing older players, is at a club with many youth prospects and not many veterans

Defensive football, when the club doesn't have the players to play that way nor the cultural identity that's expected ie Inter.

Man management is extremely bad for the long term but excellent in the short term.

Awful record in Europe, and on incredible wages.

Sure he has pedigree but so does mourinho! I fail to see the difference between the two. Whatever argument can be made for him can be made for Mourinho, and he failed at Spurs spectacularly.

Potter has his team playing great stuff and done wonders with young players and a small budget.

He's the no brainer long term visionary approach not chasing short term success

We all know he has flaws, he isn’t a long term manager. However he is one of the very best in the world at getting players to play beyond their means, making the most of what he has implementing a system that can compete with the very best.

We have just had Nuno who despite being a nice guy has no plan for how to attack on even a basic level. Going from Nuno to Conte is huge, it’s going from one of the weakest managers in the league to one of the strongest. It’s why we are happy.

Potter was probably more suitable, in my opinion the most suitable manager we could get but a world class coach like Conte is not someone you turn down.

I think most fans would have taken Conte, Ten Hag or Potter as their main choices. So their is relief we have someone we believe in running the team.

Potter was my first choice… I think this one is higher risk, higher reward… but I’m thrilled with it.
I think potter is good but maybe not quite right for the kick up the hole that we need at this moment. This squad need a good throttling and potter doesn't strike me as that guy. Maybe a good guy to take the reigns from Conte in the future.

Conte wins trophies everywhere he goes
CONTE wins trophies everywhere he goes
Everywhere he goeeeesss

Repeat ad nauseum

So did Jose .... just saying

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

Back
Top Bottom