Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People saying we should have got Potter instead of Conte, can't please some people can you?

We'd never have been able to get Potter at this time, so it's a moot point anyways. That said, I would have been very happy to have gotten him during the summer.

I think you could make a good case for Potter being the better choice for us in the long run, but there's no doubt that Conte is the right choice for right now.

Glad to have a top class manager after being burdened with Nuno for too long ( 4 months that felt like 4 years ). Still don't think he's right for us and worried about what gets left behind, but fingers crossed he does a great job and takes up in a steep upward direction with trophies involved.
I know what you mean and i had similar reservations initially but i'd wager we'll be in a better place in 18 months than we are now. We will have to spend big, he will improve certain players most of us have given up on and we'll finally sell some of the deadwood that have been hanging around for years.

Id like to see if Conte can add a bit more to his game too. Think longterm. Accept that he isnt going to get 150M a window. Hes got the fire and the character. Just want to see a bit more flexibility and dynamic. Spurs arent a mega bucks club.

Dreadful appointment simply dreadful

Volatile personality in a club desperate for stability.

Short term coach who doenst stay long at all, known for signing older players, is at a club with many youth prospects and not many veterans

Defensive football, when the club doesn't have the players to play that way nor the cultural identity that's expected ie Inter.

Man management is extremely bad for the long term but excellent in the short term.

Awful record in Europe, and on incredible wages.

Sure he has pedigree but so does mourinho! I fail to see the difference between the two. Whatever argument can be made for him can be made for Mourinho, and he failed at Spurs spectacularly.

Potter has his team playing great stuff and done wonders with young players and a small budget.

He's the no brainer long term visionary approach not chasing short term success
Are you actually serious??

Great coach and happy to have him. Still leaves me with doubts that we have any type of plan as a club. If this is what we were after, the fact that we didn’t get him in the summer is a colossal screw up. We also can’t seem to decide if we are trying to win something now or rebuild.
Why this is happening now rather than July is anyone’s guess.

But I think Paratici, Conte, funds to spend, and a damn-the-torpedoes attitude on the Kane situation is very clearly a plan, it’s to win right now while we’ve got Kane and Son in their primes, and I think it’s a sensible plan and I support it.

I very much hope this group shares Mourinho’s attitude that the cups are worth prioritizing.

Short term coach who doenst stay long at all, known for signing older players, is at a club with many youth prospects and not many veterans

Defensive football, when the club doesn't have the players to play that way nor the cultural identity that's expected ie Inter.

Man management is extremely bad for the long term but excellent in the short term.

Sure he has pedigree but so does mourinho! I fail to see the difference between the two. Whatever argument can be made for him can be made for Mourinho, and he failed at Spurs spectacularly.

Potter has his team playing great stuff and done wonders with young players and a small budget.

why are you the way that you are GIF

Why dont you go hang out on the PSG boards and support your boy?

"Tickets are still available for Thursday evening's UEFA Europa Conference League fixture against Vitesse at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Secure yours now to be there for the first match of an exciting new era under Antonio Conte!

Buy tickets now"

Back
Top Bottom