Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Comparing Conte to Mourinho is the fastest way for people to tell me that they don't actually watch football.
Probably the very same people who compared early Poch to Nono

Despite the fact at least 6 of the points Nono got were lucky as fuck. Despite the fact our XG was waaay lower. Despite the fact our shot numbers were waaay lower. Despite the fact our running numbers were waaay lower.
Most of the Poch era stats for the first 10 games were top half. All of Nono's were bottom/three

At my age I genuinely couldn't give a fuck about 'short termism'. I want to see us win a couple of trophies before I'm pushing up daisies.
I'm big into long-term thinking for clubs and really wanted Potter or Ten Hag in May. But it's fucking Conte.

If you ask him to manage your squad and he says yes you do it. End of.

Can you imagine how good All or Nothing would have been this season? It would have been the Premier League version of Thick of It
the thick of it GIF

I'm big into long-term thinking for clubs and really wanted Potter or Ten Hag in May. But it's fucking Conte.

If you ask him to manage your squad and he says yes you do it. End of.
If you're big into long term plans you'd be better off supporting a much smaller club with far less pressure. Spurs will never be able to go for a long term plan.

What are you talking about? Mourinho's Madrid scored like 125 goals in 2010 would you call him an attacking coach?

That team had Ronaldo, Ozil, Di Maria, Kaka, Benzema and Higuain. And Jose back in 2010 was still a great coach capable of balance, it was later he was broken. Conte doesn't play 'attacking football' but he doesn't play passively which is what most of our fans want. Pressing football, brilliantly coached, lethal counter attacks and just in general a team which plays with passion and doesn't surrender momentum to sides the way we did under Jose and Nuno.

As soon as Conte took over Inter and Chelsea, both teams scored about 30 more goals the next league campaign. So clearly he's a coach capable of making sides far more of a force going forward, and not just a defence minded coach. Just because his whole ethos isn't 'attack attack attack' doesn't make him boring.

Are other clubs fans as ridiculous as ours? Sign one of the world's top managers and already we have people slagging off the appointment.

Talk about hard to please. We have won one trophy in 23 years, appoint one of the best managers out there are people are still whining.

Embarrassing.
But not unexpected

Usual suspects too

Back
Top Bottom