Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lot of cunting around but based on our current squad and Conte history, what could we expect as our starting lineup?

I would imagine something among the lines of -

----------Son------------Kane-----------------
-----------------Ndombele--------------------
---------------Skipp------PEH-----------------
Regulion-Rodon-Sanchez-Romero-Royal
--------------------Lloris------------------------

Only real questions seem to be who to pick as 2 other CBs on top of Romero, and if we play 3CBs and line is higher than Sanchez pace could come in handy.
And then who would support our only two able goalscorers, I guess if Conte can work with him it should be Ndombele. Not like we would have many more options.

Alternative could be

------------------Kane-------------------------
-------Son-------------------Moura-----------
---------------Skipp------PEH-----------------
Regulion-Rodon-Sanchez-Romero-Royal
--------------------Lloris------------------------

But I am afraid that it would be harder controlling the game like this as Son and Moura are good with running the ball, but neither can control the tempo and retain possession under pressure...
Most people seem to be of the opinion that either Skipp or PEH will be given the bum's rush. In Conte We Trust, but i'd absolutely love Skipp and PEH to be kept on. The pair with Ndomballer has the makings of an epic midfield IMO.

“I won’t watch another game under ENIC…….but, wait, now I will”
Youre The Worst New York City GIF by HBO Max

Not all rival fans fans are cunts.
Their behaviour is as much a reflection of yours as it is theirs.

Just defuse the situation when you first meet them by not showing any hatred for their club and you'll often find it's reciprocated.

Most people seem to be of the opinion that either Skipp or PEH will be given the bum's rush. In Conte We Trust, but i'd absolutely love Skipp and PEH to be kept on. The pair with Ndomballer has the makings of an epic midfield IMO.

As it stands today it doesn't. TND isn't fit enough and we've seen nothing from the other 2 other than a bit of work rate. They're both basic footballers. Fit and fairly robust but unimaginative and not very technically aware.
Either they learn quick or they're probably out.

Still in shock that we have the man hopefully we can find and keep a bit of form from now till he has the chance to bring in much needed upgrades in January. Still in cups and a decent league position then could mean a good season with something to show for it here's hoping .

This soft run of fixtures could be really important for a few reasons:-

1) Obviously picking up points is vital, we are still right in the top 4 battle.

2) Conte can’t fix all our issues overnight, but confidence is a huge thing in football. If we can hit the ground running under him and pick up a string of wins, I feel like we’ll approach games like Utd (for example) with real belief that we can get something from them. This team needs belief. It hasn’t had that since the Liverpool game last December.

3) If we can sign players in Jan from a position of strength, it makes the feeling around the club so different and is likely to attract a higher calibre player.

No one is going to negatively judge Conte if these next few games pan out badly, but there’s a real chance to get a shot of adrenaline into the arm of this club with a string of wins, which would reinforce this amazing feeling we all have right now.

Last edited:
You’re right. But he has to back him at the right time and with the right players. Not some shadows of the players he wants because they “fit the profile” and are cheap.
You don’t appoint a behemoth of a manager, in his prime, & give him shit “alternatives” to work with

Give the man his dues, Levy has actually got this one right. He needs to stay on track now and back this crazy genius because if he does, I’m convinced we will see trophies coming our way.

I’m still a little amazed that it’s actually happened. And the mood on the forum is a joy to be part of right now.
COYS.
Mostly yes you’re right but still the odd poster not happy saying crap like we’ll give Conte a chance etc instead of being happy that we’ve got one of the best managers in World Football

Pathetic really

He was quite a good player a few years back but then again Winks had a lot of potential then and Dele was highly rated.

Unless any of that 3 have a complete turn around I don't see them lasting, same apples for GLC, and Bergwijn too unless he can become a decent WB instead of his current place of being a rubbish forward.
Get rid of all five plus Doherty and Sanchez

Mostly yes you’re right but still the odd poster not happy saying crap like we’ll give Conte a chance etc instead of being happy that we’ve got one of the best managers in World Football

Pathetic really
I agree I am delighted with Conte , fantastic news

However I will not credit ENIC or Levy with this

its like a mate saying I borrowed your car and crashed it into a wall , I then reversed and crashed it into the wall 3 more times
Then thanking him for calling the AA to tow it to the garage

Back
Top Bottom