Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When asked about whether he has spoken with Conte regarding January transfers and the intention to bring players in come January, Paratici replied: "Not at all. We trust in our players. We are focused to be better and like a team.

"We don't speak about players until now. We have to be focused on our team. I think the team is competitive. We have very good players, so we don't speak about players now. Not the right time."

Here we go a-fucking-gain...

Last edited:
Can we all agree now that Levy (for once) has done the right thing? Conte won’t hang around long if funds are not available for the players he the wants so Levy has stuck his neck out here
1CnwSdA.jpg

I think that answers your question.

He’s not wrong completely - Nuno was given dog shit to eat in midfield and CB
He's still wrong. Nuno is a good coach, but his football for us was atrocious. Relegation stuff. A case of wrong place, wrong time. Wish him all the best though.

You might be right that that was what he was attempting but clearly it didn't work and any half decent manager should know better, and person with experience of life, having met and spoken to other people from different backgrounds should know it's not a fair thing to say. I'm not surprised it didn't work because people have feelings and it doesn't take a lot to understand that someone who has grown up in his shoes, it's going to be touching on that person's sense of loss and having missed out. I bet it was the only thing Dele took from that meeting and I bet he couldnt get it out his head all day after that.

Anyway, hes gone, and now we've got Conte. I doubt Conte would make the same mistake.
I completely understand that view (I was on my 3rd dad by age 11), I just wanted to present what I thought was in Jose's mind at the time. He's a manipulator, it's how he gets what he wants. It wasn't fair, perhaps, but if Dele had willingly adopted Jose as a father-figure mentor (as was, I believe, the intent) then he could have turned things around.

He tried the 'brother' approach, which seemed to work for about 2 weeks, then he tried the father one, but either Dele figured it out or he was just wasn't that arsed anyway. I'm not sure I saw Dele looking past the superficial aspects of it, to be quite honest.

Dele's parents (his dad's a millionaire) have tried to get in touch and he's having none of it. So he's made his choice. The story that he was abandoned as a child ignores the fact there are pics of Dele throughout his life with his dad at weddings and other stuff. To be brutal, I think Dele is just a moody teenager who can afford to turn his back on his parents because his life wasn't like it should be (in the movies). But I am a massively cynical fucker and he's a spoiled twat, so there.

:contepoint:

When asked about whether he has spoken with Conte regarding January transfers and the intention to bring players in come January, Paratici replied: "Not at all. We trust in our players. We are focused to be better and like a team.

"We don't speak about players until now. We have to be focused on our team. I think the team is competitive. We have very good players, so we don't speak about players now. Not the right time."

Over It Reaction GIF by Bounce

I'm happy to see him, tbf.

Mostly because he is a decent manager but also because he doesn't stand out as a pushover.

A lot of players - and owners - need a kick up theirs.

Worried about the football, but that is all work in progress for some time now.

Conte has watched a single training session. You expect the DoF to announce in the press, "he thinks we're shit, we're selling Winks, Dier, Sanchez, and Moura on January 1 and spending £100M"

We have 2 months of football we have to play with this squad as it is today. Why the fuck would he come in and publicly degrade them on day 1, FFS?

Some of you just set yourself up for angst constantly.

Conte has watched a single training session. You expect the DoF to announce in the press, "he thinks we're shit, we're selling Winks, Dier, Sanchez, and Moura on January 1 and spending £100M"

Some of you just set yourself up for angst constantly.

No no, you're right, I'm sure after being financially fucked by Covid that this is definitely the January window where we really show ambition and ENIC spend a shit tonne of money net...

...would you like to buy some magic beans?

Get a grip, he's hardly going to say yes we want to spend money we have lots of it is he

They’re not going to come out and say ‘yes the squad needs improvement we will definitely buy new players in January’, are they?

How would that benefit anyone involved with the club? The current squad will be miffed because they haven’t had a chance with the new manager yet and other clubs will see us coming a mile off and bump the player prices up (especially Inter). Stop being so bloody emotional and use your head!

They’re not going to come out and say ‘yes the squad needs improvement we will definitely buy new players in January’, are they?

How would that benefit anyone involved with the club? The current squad will be miffed because they haven’t had a chance with the new manager yet and other clubs will see us coming a mile off and bump the player prices up (especially Inter). Stop being so bloody emotional and use your head!
There are a good few morons on here who just love to complain. Feel sorry for their nearest and dearest.

Get a grip, he's hardly going to say yes we want to spend money we have lots of it is he
The squad aren't that stupid, everyone knows we have money, we just never really spend it (especially in January) or spend it particularly well. They'll also know that their places are under threat under a new manager notorious for spending.

We also have a sizeable amount to potentially pay out for Romero and Gollini as part of the loan agreement.

Football is suddenly going to come above finance? Doubtful.

No no, you're right, I'm sure after being financially fucked by Covid that this is definitely the January window where we really show ambition and ENIC spend a shit tonne of money net...

...would you like to buy some magic beans?
So what do you expect him to say on the first day in charge of the club? Think about what words would satisfy you, then try to find a single example of a manager/director of any club saying approximately the same thing on their first day in charge.

Because if its not similar to what Paratici/Conte have said thus far, I doubt you'll find an example from anyone. As if any DoF or manager needs to announce their transfer plans to the fucking press. Are they meant to ask permission?

Can we play a few hands of poker? I suspect you're rubbish at cards.

He could say we might or we're looking at options...will that really hurt this bunch of millionaire whiners who have cried about the last 4 managers?

It would motivate them to play to not get fucking sold. Everyone knows he will look at the team before deciding, just like everyone knows the squad isn't up to scratch and the fucking players know it too.

Jesus Christ man. They’re hardly going to announce all their transfer ambitions. Conte needs to speak/get to know the current players first!

He could say we might or we're looking at options...will that really hurt this bunch of millionaire whiners who have cried about the last 4 managers?

It would motivate them to play to not get fucking sold. Everyone knows he will look at the team before deciding, just like everyone knows the squad isn't up to scratch and the fucking players know it too.

You are just arguing because you like it? You can’t be this thick surely

Back
Top Bottom