Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am afraid Gylfi is gonna miss out on a lot of game time, there's no position for him in 4-3-3. Of course he could play left wing or be the playmaker, but I feel like it's a waste of his skills. Townsend and Lennon can rotate with Bale and Chadli. Dempsey... I don't care.

Unfairly, IMO, Siggy will lose out.

Dempsey may get shunted into a CF position, if we don't get a replacement. Don't know how he'll perform there, mind...

I have to admit...he does seem to have an athletic appearance. Might be beefcake might not be. I will investigate the internet .

EDIT:

CONFIRMED. Beefcake acquired.

**warning** nsfw or small children.

Nacer_Chadli-Modelling.jpg

This and the photo on the first page: he's quite, erm, veiny below his navel, isn't he?

I think everyone in the squad is going to get their chance to stake a claim for the starting XI this year (like Townsend Holtby Siggy Chadli). Lets not forget the debacle we had with injuries last year too, his versatility is much needed

Lets not forget we have the FA and carling cups and the Europa leagues so rotation is just going to help us IMO. Europa League involvement is what cost us last season.

Here's how I see it in a 4-3-3

Sold: Defoe (or Adebayor), Huddlestone, Parker and potentially Dempsey

CM: Dembele - Carroll/Sigurdsson
CM: Paulinho - Holtby
CM: Sandro - Livermore

AM: Bale - Sigurdsson
STR: New STR - Adebayor
AM: Chadli - Lennon/Townsend

Townsend is the odd one out here, I see him getting the same amount of game time though as Carroll last year with Carroll benefiting from the change to 4-3-3. If Dempsey is kept on then he will likely be rotating game time with Sigurdsson as he did last year as well as filling in as a 3rd choice striker.

Who would he be best suited to cover for at CM?

I still have to see more from Paulinho to really answer that question , for me he is better than Holtby at CM. But all depends on what you look for in a CM. Chadli is very calm on the ball and very versatile + not afraid to get stuck in. His lack of speed and experience on this level are the only things i am worried about.

But as been said , he is sometimes preferred to Hazard and Fellaini on the winger and CM positions for the Belgian NT ... that has to count for something. And with the higher level of the EPL , he will progress.

But still , a true shame that we will not get the chance to sign De Bruyne , i was hoping Jose would be blind for his talents but 'the kid' is doing very well pre season :(

He'll be one of the future stars of that team , such a shame.

I have to admit...he does seem to have an athletic appearance. Might be beefcake might not be. I will investigate the internet .

EDIT:

CONFIRMED. Beefcake acquired.

**warning** nsfw or small children.

Nacer_Chadli-Modelling.jpg

Lookd just like I do.
well, like i would if i weren't a big fat ugly bastard with a tiny knob.

Really pleased with the signing. Fits in nicely with AVBs preferred style of player: tall, strong, fast and versatile. Also Lennon finally has some decent, direct competition with Chadli and Andros behind him. Something he hasn't had since Bentley was stinking up WHL.

Although I know little about either player I'm happy with our summer signings so far

Back
Top Bottom