Burnley VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday Nov 28th 2pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a vague memory of Ian Woan smashing in a free-kick against us, orange ball in the snow. My mind might be playing tricks on me. Forest in the cup? Fuck knows, rambling...

Agree with someone who posted if gives Conte some extra training sessions with the team now, no rest required.

Bet he wishes he played a full strength team v Mura now, we might have sneaked a draw!

5th Round replay I also vaguely recall...

Well they are. It often doesn’t snow for years so we are hardly going to buy winter tyres etc

I had a friend who lived off Watford for the odd 5 years.

Snowed every year and the same panic every year. Motorists everywhere just panicking!

Remember getting picked up in Stanstead, just a clear road all the way to Watford with the tiniest layer of powder snow, melting within minutes.

It was the same thing when I lived in Sheffield. Just pure panic.

Mickey Hazard is one of us.
Well Done Bravo GIF by Friends

I had a friend who lived off Watford for the odd 5 years.

Snowed every year and the same panic every year. Motorists everywhere just panicking!

Remember getting picked up in Stanstead, just a clear road all the way to Watford with the tiniest layer of powder snow, melting within minutes.

It was the same thing when I lived in Sheffield. Just pure panic.
I agree but It’s understandable. With limited experience on wet snow/icy roads, no snow removal infrastructure and summer tyres, lots of people will end up in the ditch or worse.

We played them 3 times technically. First game was halted about 20 minutes in. Then a draw. Then came back to the Lane for the replay and lost on penalties.
I think that was the first time I saw Spurs lose in person.

The universe was warning you then.

I agree but It’s understandable. With limited experience on wet snow/icy roads, no snow removal infrastructure and summer tyres, lots of people will end up in the ditch or worse.

It's about infrastructure, but mostly about mindset.

Snow is hardly a novelty in the UK. Tradition just treats it like an off phenomenen. We don't have that much snow in Denmark either, not even all places have it every year. Yet every year all motorists in october switches to winter tyres. That's not about overdoing safety. Winter tyres are not just about snow, they are also about the structure of the rubber in cold weather (below 8c) and how tires react to wet surfaces and cold tarmac. Driving on wet surfaces in summer tires around the freezing degree point (0c, 32f) is outright irresponsible.

It's staggering seeing airports like e.g. Stanstead have almost no material for quickly clearing runways and keeping them deiced. How is that even possible in a industrialised country in the northern hemisphere?

Any team that can’t put a game on should have to pay the away fans the cost of transport and ticket plus inconvenience. Maybe sometimes it can’t be helped but this was just a joke.
They were giving out free pies - but I never got a refund for the one I’d already brought !!

It's about infrastructure, but mostly about mindset.

Snow is hardly a novelty in the UK. Tradition just treats it like an off phenomenen. We don't have that much snow in Denmark either, not even all places have it every year. Yet every year all motorists in october switches to winter tyres. That's not about overdoing safety. Winter tyres are not just about snow, they are also about the structure of the rubber in cold weather (below 8c) and how tires react to wet surfaces and cold tarmac. Driving on wet surfaces in summer tires around the freezing degree point (0c, 32f) is outright irresponsible.

It's staggering seeing airports like e.g. Stanstead have almost no material for quickly clearing runways and keeping them deiced. How is that even possible in a industrialised country in the northern hemisphere?

We do shit the bed every time it snows... However; I dunno what other countries are like, but here as soon as it snows it almost immediately turns to ice...... Ice is the real fucker.... Even if you can treat all the main roads; walking around when it's icey everywhere is a right fucker. Hate it.

Last edited:
Already told you... It's a mess.

You don't play 352 (with numerous players out of position!) so you can achieve a 235 in attack.

Pro tip:

January 2022 comes AFTER November & December 2021. :nunothumb:
Just to pivot back on this and your dependency on two DM’s - look at Chelsea with Jorginho and RLC in their pair…. Neither are defensive players per se, just two classy footballers. Football has moved on from the attritional, ‘can’t lose’ set up. That wank 11 we’ve been trotting out has two footballers in it, both stranded in the final third…. We need to get comfortable with trusting skilful players to play

Back
Top Bottom