Lamela’s Legacy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela >>>>>>>>> the fraud LOL Celso

True.

But Lamela wasn't anywhere near good enough for the peak Poch team.

Meanwhile Lo Celso struggles to stand out in the present shitfest.

An "upgrade" which - particular in the light of not wanting to pay equally for Bruno Fernandes - is another damning verdict on wee Dannys comittee and their glorious tRanSfEr StRaTeGy

True.

But Lamela wasn't anywhere near good enough for the peak Poch team.

Meanwhile Lo Celso struggles to stand out in the present shitfest.

An "upgrade" which - particular in the light of not wanting to pay equally for Bruno Fernandes - is another damning verdict on wee Dannys comittee and their glorious tRanSfEr StRaTeGy
Gil should be upgrade on this cunt

Gil should be upgrade on this cunt

Sure, why not.

Oh yes, because it's a mans game.
Sit Down No GIF by Hyundai A-League

Lamela is better than all the attacking players in our current squad except for Kane and Son. I miss him a lot.

Despite being made of glass he was ready to go to war every time he wore our shirt. Feeble players like Lo Celso and Ndombele are just pathetic in comparison. There’s a reason opposing fans hated Lamela, he was difficult to play against. He was a massive twat and every team needs one of those. The frauds we have now are a dream for opponents, just breathe on them and they’ll give up.

Lamela is better than all the attacking players in our current squad except for Kane and Son. I miss him a lot.

Despite being made of glass he was ready to go to war every time he wore our shirt. Feeble players like Lo Celso and Ndombele are just pathetic in comparison. There’s a reason opposing fans hated Lamela, he was difficult to play against. He was a massive twat and every team needs one of those. The frauds we have now are a dream for opponents, just breathe on them and they’ll give up.

Unfortunately, over almost a decade, he was very rarely available to wear the shirt consistently.

Have to laugh at the valuation of Lamela. Lamela should be commended for his workrate and cuntiness but that's about it.

The guy absolutely killed us at times with his holding onto the ball and inability to use his right foot (a rabona or two doesn't make up for dozens upon dozens of missed opportunities because his right is horrible).

I have a feeling he will be remembered as a cult legend and 5 years from now people will think he was world class when he played for spurs.

Bergwijn (who people think is awful) scores and assists at the same rate as Lamela.

Legacy, if he left a legacy, it wouldn't have been a right legacy. Must be the closest thing to a football playing pirate ever.
He was just another Freund, loved because he was so flawed, but really gave it his best shot and looked like he was really trying.
Amazed he lasted as long as he did, mostly because he was too injured to sell.

Such a shame, it was obvious the skill and control was there.

I would have picked 11 Coco's over the team we've seen pretty much every week for the last 18-24 months. OK, maybe 10 and a Hugo. At least he had pride and busted an absolute bollock every time he stepped onto the pitch. Couldn't give a fuck if Ndombele has the potential to be worldclass, or Lo Celso plays well for Argentina etc. Show some fucking pride and passion for the club and fans who are making you a multi millionaire or fuck off. Érik may not be the classiest, most skillful, fastest, or most consistent. But he gave his heart each and every second he was representing Spurs.

I miss Coco.

I would have picked 11 Coco's over the team we've seen pretty much every week for the last 18-24 months. OK, maybe 10 and a Hugo. At least he had pride and busted an absolute bollock every time he stepped onto the pitch. Couldn't give a fuck if Ndombele has the potential to be worldclass, or Lo Celso plays well for Argentina etc. Show some fucking pride and passion for the club and fans who are making you a multi millionaire or fuck off. Érik may not be the classiest, most skillful, fastest, or most consistent. But he gave his heart each and every second he was representing Spurs.

I miss Coco.

You'd have forfeited a lot of games then as most of your team would be injured

Legacy, if he left a legacy, it wouldn't have been a right legacy. Must be the closest thing to a football playing pirate ever.
He was just another Freund, loved because he was so flawed, but really gave it his best shot and looked like he was really trying.
Amazed he lasted as long as he did, mostly because he was too injured to sell.

Such a shame, it was obvious the skill and control was there.
:contefacepalm:

Have to laugh at the valuation of Lamela. Lamela should be commended for his workrate and cuntiness but that's about it.

The guy absolutely killed us at times with his holding onto the ball and inability to use his right foot (a rabona or two doesn't make up for dozens upon dozens of missed opportunities because his right is horrible).

I have a feeling he will be remembered as a cult legend and 5 years from now people will think he was world class when he played for spurs.

Bergwijn (who people think is awful) scores and assists at the same rate as Lamela.

I remember a LOT of time where he lost the ball in diabolical situations, being dispossed in the CM with the whole team breaking forward.

Costly ones too. Remember the European game against, erhm, Sevilla I think, the one were Soldado missed a sitter and was vilified from Spurs? Yeah that one. Well, guess who lost the ball for the goal that beat us ...

I remember a LOT of time where he lost the ball in diabolical situations, being dispossed in the CM with the whole team breaking forward.

Costly ones too. Remember the European game against, erhm, Sevilla I think, the one were Soldado missed a sitter and was vilified from Spurs? Yeah that one. Well, guess who lost the ball for the goal that beat us ...
Think it was Monaco. Yes, that game led to us having 0 points from 2 games and we failed to qualify from an easy group.

I miss Coco.
Imagine 10 players with only a left leg.
Every time we got the ball we'd have 10 men on the left touchline tripping over each other.
I get your point about commitment, but it didn't disguise his shortcomings.

Back
Top Bottom