OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t ever remember (even arguably) him being the best DM on the planet!

:contelol:
Some thought he was, as far as I can make out it was purely on the basis of the Liverpool-Atleti Round of 16 European Cup match in March 2020, a game in which he was monumental.

Trouble is that this was a one-game-in-twenty performance, the other nineteen being somewhere between proper shit and "meh, worked reasonably hard I suppose". Ask any Atleti fan and they were both amazed and delighted that someone had activated his €50 millions (£45 million back then) release clause. My mate's take was "What the fuck do they think they're getting for all that money?"

There were quite a few who were cooing about him on here before the Arse bowled in, I tried to tell them, but my prophecies fell on deaf ears, not for the first or last time

vintage-drawing-biblical-prophet-elijah-mount-carmel-asking-god-fire-defeating-prophets-baal-bible-old-vintage-169029896.jpg

Some thought he was, as far as I can make out it was purely on the basis of the Liverpool-Atleti Round of 16 European Cup match in March 2020, a game in which he was monumental.

Trouble is that this was a one-game-in-twenty performance, the other nineteen being somewhere between proper shit and "meh, worked reasonably hard I suppose". Ask any Atleti fan and they were both amazed and delighted that someone had activated his €50 millions (£45 million back then) release clause. My mate's take was "What the fuck do they think they're getting for all that money?"

There were quite a few who were cooing about him on here before the Arse bowled in, I tried to tell them, but my prophecies fell on deaf ears, not for the first or last time

vintage-drawing-biblical-prophet-elijah-mount-carmel-asking-god-fire-defeating-prophets-baal-bible-old-vintage-169029896.jpg
Judging a player is always subjective and it’s great when you pick one out and they come good. I am not anywhere near up on world players as I used to be so would always listen to other’s opinions but I can’t ever remember hIm being “top drawer” so to speak but either way, he’s looked pretty poor since coming to this league albeit in a poor team.

.......Then of course there was Ndombele and 'that game' vs City in the CL.

:pochcry:

A Liverpool side missing half of their team and taking it easy are still light years ahead of Milan. Italian football really is pants compared to what it used to be.

San Siro always has a great atmopshere, even when they're losing. You'd never get an atmosphere like that in the Premier League. Why is that you need to either go to Europe or the lower leagues here for this?

Porto/Atleti bubbling nicely, given the circumstances. One red card so far, Atleti winning 1-0, Porto need a draw (subject to Milan losing/drawing).

Nice and lively.

A motivated Liverpool team with something like their strongest 11 out would have put 5 or 6 past Milan this evening without breaking sweat.

Back
Top Bottom