Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And in Salah, here is is the problem any team faces who do not have limitless funds.

Currently the best player in the world quite probably, as in, in the Liverpool team he simply delivers at every turn.. Beyond question.

So how much is he worth in terms of new contract? Absolutely impossible to know and at 29 and as someone who relies on pace, right on the cusp of when it can suddenly change.

I do not envy Liverpool and whilst it is understandable for players to maximise their worth, it is also for clubs to not bankrupt themselves.

But you could not find another Salah for less than 50 million pounds (and 10 million pounds plus in wages per year), so maybe 350 thousand pounds per week is enough, although I doubt it.

It is at that point when it becomes more than silly but not costly by comparison. Strange..

And in Salah, here is is the problem any team faces who do not have limitless funds.

Currently the best player in the world quite probably, as in, in the Liverpool team he simply delivers at every turn.. Beyond question.

So how much is he worth in terms of new contract? Absolutely impossible to know and at 29 and as someone who relies on pace, right on the cusp of when it can suddenly change.

I do not envy Liverpool and whilst it is understandable for players to maximise their worth, it is also for clubs to not bankrupt themselves.

But you could not find another Salah for less than 50 million pounds (and 10 million pounds plus in wages per year), so maybe 350 thousand pounds per week is enough, although I doubt it.

It is at that point when it becomes more than silly but not costly by comparison. Strange..

He's said to want 500kpw.

Contract ends 2023.

If they can't strike a deal by end of the season; sell.

If Chelsea can get 100m for Hazard with one year left, then ditto the Dippers/Salah.

Mane contract also end 2023....At 29 already, I'd defo be looking to sell him. Physically he'll fall off a cliff sooner rather than later.

Contract ends 2023.

If Chelsea can get 100m for Hazard with one year left, then ditto the Dippers/Salah.

Mane contract also end 2023....At 29 already, I'd defo be looking to sell him. Physically he'll fall off a cliff sooner rather than later.

Yep cheers.

And that's why it's weird. Salah might be worth that ridiculous sum today. In a year or two? Unlikely.

So in effect he has a 100 million 4 year extension, where it's likely that in years 2, 3 and 4 he is getting more for less output if that makes sense?

Just incredible how contracts work because they rarely reflect the actual output of a player.

Yep cheers.

And that's why it's weird. Salah might be worth that ridiculous sum today. In a year or two? Unlikely.

So in effect he has a 100 million 4 year extension, where it's likely that in years 2, 3 and 4 he is getting more for less output if that makes sense?

Just incredible how contracts work because they rarely reflect the actual output of a player.

The market's fucked...... Fees and wages in a way are paid pre-empting what might happen next, but that tomorrow never comes when the safe logic is to sell before they get too old.

Last edited:

Contract ends 2023.

Thing is hazard was before covid. Only one club outside premier league can afford him. Psg. Hes not going to premier league team so his options to go somewhere is very limited

Salah will sign on with them. The rest is just posturing for more money.

From what I can gather he's publicly all in..... The hold up being that he wants a five year deal..... Leaving Liverpool concerned about paying 1/2 a million per week to a 34 year old who might have declined by then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom