Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd rank this trophy above the League Cup, to be honest. People think it's pony because it's the first one. Next year when we see an English club treat it with respect everyone will start thinking it's a lot more serious.
Let's not forget that people said exactly the same things about the UEFA Cup, sorry, the "Ropey League" when we found ourselves in that competition

I wonder what Conte's preference would be?

Bin it off for more time with the players between games?

or stay in for a chance of Silverware?

The members of UEFA's Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body that will decide on the outcome of the Spurs v Rennes game.

bbc sport smile GIF by BBC
the king arsenal GIF

premier league football GIF
Afc Ajax Ginger GIF by AZ Alkmaar

Even if we won this thing, no one is going to give us any credit for winning a trophy. What Rodgers said the other day about not even knowing what this competition is, is how everyone feels, including our players based on their performances.

Getting controversially chucked out of this thing and thus preventing the obvious Tottenham banter that would happen if we lost is not a bad solution. Get more full weeks of training for Conte to work with the players and still a lot to play for in three completions. It’ll be better in the long run.
Question: do you live for the credit that other people give you?

Who cares what other people think. Everybody needs to enjoy themselves.

We do not know what the situation was with number of players out on Thursday or Friday only Wednesday. We cancelled on Wednesday and whilst too late to stop the team travelling, surely early enough to stop fans travelling. Would have been chaos if called off on the day because we then met 13 available players criteria. Does anyone know how strong the squad they brought over was?

Now I want to win a trophy and getting into the top 4 which at best will be 4th is not a trophy. Does anyone really believe even with new players we will be competitive in the CL and PL next year against much better teams when we cannot qualify for the conference knockout rounds.

I still see fans who want us to quit the Conference League. It's a good chance to win a trophy, get some money incoming, try players.

No wonder we are alergic to trophies. Some fans need to grow up.
all true but I’m optimistic we can challenge for 4th and compete for the domestic cups. We progress to the final of the conf and we simply don’t challenge for 4th

While I would like to see us win this trophy and I do think it's a proper competition, I also reckon we've got basically 0% chance of winning it with the terrible attitude of our squad. It's clear our players, like a lot of people on here, think they're above it and that they should be in the Champions League instead. Even if we got into the next round I'd fully expect us to be beaten by whichever Europa League drop-outs we were drawn against.

Back
Top Bottom