Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool are a tremendous side, they’re in top form and honestly I do not expect much in terms of result. However, I’m hoping some players will put in more convincing performances (looking at Ndombele, Alli and Kane) and the team doesn’t hide like they used to in big games.

A 2-2 would be nice. Winks MOTM :allitongue:
And the lotto numbers are...

Really good team performance, lots of positives to take from that. Winks and Dele best game in a spurs shirt for a good 2 years, thought Sessegnon did well too.

We have to be more clinical though, feels like 2 points dropped because of the chances we missed and felt we didn't have the energy at the end there to really push for a winner.

I really do think 4th is a realistic aim now with Conte in charge, can see his impact already, absolutely must back the guy in Jan.

Now that, my friends, is an advert for the Premier League. Amazingly exciting game with a bit of everything. Whatever else we might say, I'm certainly glad it didn't get postponed!

Probably lucky not to concede a pen, but could have easily scored 7 or 8 ourselves today. Personally I thought that defensively we were pretty good - I know they scored two, but it was the sort of crazy game where with a poorer defence you'd concede 4 or 5. Offensively Conte had the measure of them - we found ourselves in great chance positions many many times. Will be interested to see the "x Goals" or whatever it's called later...

As for feelings on the outcome, probably 50% proud of the players (especially those I'm normally slagging off), and 50% disappointed, as on another day we'd have won this convincingly.

On the one side, it feels that performances like this suggest we are definitely going in the right direction, and even those we'd written off might still help us push for top 4 somehow. On the other side, it feels like whatever happens, we'll never actually beat these nasty cunts. :/

Red card for home team not given.

Red card for away team given.

Its like watching a game at Anfield.

Well done ref.

Not quite considering how scabby their second goal was. 2 BS home decisions in one goal.

.....And the blatant rugby tackle on Reggie.

Last edited:
Bottled at least 3 big chances, conceded a goal that was clearly a handball with one of the two clear penalties referee denied us in the build up. All that with a midfield of Winks, Dele and Ndombele, with the first two being great against the second team in the PL. Impressive to say the least!

So many chances to win, but considering the starting 11 we put out, it was a pretty good performance.

Get Conte proper players and we will be a winning machine. Our wingbacks were so bad today and we still managed to create loads, imagine with actual footballers in those positions

Fantastic game.
We created the most chances and on another day could have won by 2 or 3.
But we needed luck to score an equaliser.
Dele was great and Winks was MOTM.

Cracking game... genuinely sorry I had to miss it!
Going for a brisk walk to replicate the walk back from the Ground to Bruce Grove bus stop, and pretend I was there!! (got me scarf and hat on and everything!)

proud of the boys tonight. I'd have taken 2-2 pre-match... the fact we're disappointed at not winning speaks volumes... that'll do me Tommy!

Really good team performance, lots of positives to take from that. Winks and Dele best game in a spurs shirt for a good 2 years, thought Sessegnon did well too.

We have to be more clinical though, feels like 2 points dropped because of the chances we missed and felt we didn't have the energy at the end there to really push for a winner.

I really do think 4th is a realistic aim now with Conte in charge, can see his impact already, absolutely must back the guy in Jan.

Son and Kane have the quality.

I’m confident if our confidence grows they will get back to it

Back
Top Bottom