Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't mind us being out of this comp but going out in these circumstances suck and unfortunate BUT regardless of this we shouldn't have had to rely on this game to qualify, our fault for being incompetent and dropping points on our away fixtures so I'm not having the woe is us attitude, we need to look at ourselves.

Absolute joke of a decision when ultimately it is Rennes being cunts. We should have played it and infected all of those cunts.

Brightside is more focus on the league, and the peaky fixtures we have to fit in

Obviously we will benefit from having it easier to rearrange the other postponed games now. But I am still miffed and I don't share the "lucky to be out of this small time competition" mindset that others have.

I want Spurs to be a big winning club. And that requires developing winning mentality. You don't breed winning mentality by choosing which competitions that you want to win.

Spurs should want to win every trophy that they can, and that includes the ECL. City don't celebrate their League cups any less just because they haven't won a CL yet.

Silly decision by UEFA. But let's just move on.

Whilst I agree 100% that a winning mentality only comes from winning, the ECL is a new entity which looks to be far too much pain for too little gain. If this were the Cup, League Cup or Europa League I would wholeheartedly agree with you.

I'm a glass half full type of person.
My take on the whole thing is this. Another first for Spurs.
First team to be expelled from the Europa Conference League.
:tobyarm:
Making history is what we do.

Good.

I want Conte to focus on the league. I’m usually the opposite and like to see us take Cups seriously, but this tournament can get in the fucking sea.

I think their case was a little more than minor.

Putting us through and dumping them out would have been a fucking disgrace.

Meh..... They scraped through on a technicality.

They are only through cos of covid...... Us vs Orient last year this is not.

Back
Top Bottom