Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still unbeaten under Conte. Games in hand on those above us. Disappointing result but fuck me, get behind the team.

All our deficiencies are still there, Conte has been here TWO months.
No one should be blaming Conte. Its the same trouble we've had for 3 years now, a lack of creativity and a samey, slightly above average squad with a lack of real quality. Players need to start being moved on in January.

To be honest, this was the awkward game of the schedule for us, with only 2 days rest. We have a bit more time between the other games over this next stretch. Hopefully we sign a couple of players in January as well. Take the point, "shit game, flush it" as the late Kobe Bryant once said.

Are you sure? I keep hearing Kane is back from my friend the space invader but this seems like the type of game for him to get us a non-pen goal to take the 3 points...you know, 10 men and rubbish defenders like Bednarek. Would have put money on a 'back' kane to score a real goal.

Yeah he scored a brilliant goal from the only time he was provided with any kind of service at all, but the officials decided to rule it out despite the lines clearly showing he was on. Did you miss it?

He also in general had a good game, had the officials not decided to bizarrely apply the rules in a way they haven't all season, he caps it with a great goal. That is football.

We played above ourselves against a depleted Liverpool but still contrived to leave 2 points behind us. Our offensive players are nowhere near clinical enough. They miss far too many good chances.
We didn’t create enough today. Our wingbacks and CMs besides winks added nothing.

Little bit more pressure on Levy to loosen the purse strings come Jan at least.
Chappelles Show Lol GIF

We did enough to win, but that isn’t saying a lot about our performance.

Kane and Son just not looking sharp enough, PEH and Dele offered almost nothing for us today, and Reguilon was rash and made a stupid play.

Good news is that I thought our defense looked calm and solid for the vast majority of the game. Gil looked great once again, and I even thought Doherty largely put in a decent shift.

This game has only exposed a problem we know we already had.

Our midfield can’t unlock teams that sit deep.

Hopefully gives Conte some leverage to get a decent midfielder in the transfer market

That performance was Spurs all over. Lack of cutting edge in front of goal. Conte should have really changed it up at half time. Don’t need 2 defensive midfielders against a 10 man Southampton. Nice to see the Liverpool game was yet another false start for Dele. Gutted

No one should be blaming Conte. Its the same trouble we've had for 3 years now, a lack of creativity and a samey, slightly above average squad with a lack of real quality. Players need to start being moved on in January.
I'm not blaming him, he's improved everything - it's more that he's not a miracle worker. Sprinkle glitter on shit makes it prettier but it's still shit.

If Ndombele isn’t going to be used then sell him. Sell everyone that isn’t in Conte’s plans and reinvest that money into a quality creative midfielder because we look so fucking unbearably wank without one.
No one wants him for more then two bobs. We very clearly tried to sell him this summer.

Back
Top Bottom