Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have a big mental issue away from home and have done for a long time, probably the biggest issue for Conte to fix. The team always seems nervous and is easily intimidated when we are away from WHL. We need a commanding performance here. We have to show that we are not wimps.

Lloris
Davinson Dier Davies
Emerson Skipp Winks Reguilon
Lucas Kane Son

I'd go with this team as well, I think Winks has earnt his place over the past couple of games.

You are joking right ? Winks earnt his place in the starting line up ?

No, I think he has. Which more speaks to the lack of quality we have in centre midfield than anything else. He got a lovely assist for the Kane goal that was wrongfully ruled out and played good, progressive passes v Liverpool as well. You could make a case for Ndombele starting but he just doesn't run enough for a central midfield player and is on his arse by 60 mins.

I'd go with this team as well, I think Winks has earnt his place over the past couple of games.

He did give Harry a good pass for the wrongly disallowed goal but is still too prone to embarrassing brain farts like when he tried to dribble from the box yesterday and virtually fell over the ball

Too lightweight for me

If we are playing the 343 with Lucas up front then there are only two midfield spots. Skipp is nailed on to start and the only other spot is between Winks and Hojbjerg. Ndombele and Dele are not credible playing in a two man midfield, especially away from home.

Right now I think Winks is looking better than Hojbjerg, he is dangerous on the ball in a way that PEH just isn’t.

He did give Harry a good pass for the wrongly disallowed goal but is still too prone to embarrassing brain farts like when he tried to dribble from the box yesterday and virtually fell over the ball

Too lightweight for me

I don't think he's a long-term answer, but on form I'd give him a go for this game. If Conte can make a servicable squad player out of him, mores the better. Hopefully, we will buy a centre midfielder in January (would love us to get a couple of them if we are playing 352, but I'd settle for one now and one more in the summer - for midfield that is.)

Our next fixtures are Watford (PL away) on Saturday followed by Chelsea (Carabou Cup away ) on Wednesday and then Morcambe (FA Cup, home) on Sunday.

At the moment this is probably our best team (although arguments for either Sanchez or Tanganga, Winks or Hojbjerg etc) - do we bank on all the players being fit enough to play both games against Watford and Chelsea before resting some against Morecambe ?

Lloris
Emerson Sanchez/Tanganga Dier Davies Reguilon
Skipp Hojbjerg/Winks
Moura, Kane, Son
Subs : Gollini, Doherty, Rodon, Tanganga/Sanchez , Ndombele, Dele, White, Hojbjerg/Winks, Gil

Injured : Romero, Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Bergwijn

We will have to go strong for the next two we should get over Watford the Chelsea game will be a tough one obviously with our away record poor especially against Chelsea we have to give ourselves a chance in the second leg of course .

We will have to go strong for the next two we should get over Watford the Chelsea game will be a tough one obviously with our away record poor especially against Chelsea we have to give ourselves a chance in the second leg of course .

Still can't believe it's a 2 leg tie.... Fucking ridiculous!

Thought it would end up one leg tie myself the way it was been mentioned but bad luck for us one leg at Wembley we would have a better chance I feel think they will be up enough for this one unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom