Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've hear people on here myself including call Lorenzo insigne shit, Franck Kessie shit, Johnathan David, not good enough. These three would kill this Watford team. We need to be realistic about what we are. I watched a bit of Woolwich earlier and the truth is they are a more dynamic attacking side than us. We desperately need to fix this side of our game,

By far. In Odegaard, Saka, Smith Rowe etc they have players who are actually creative and have the technical ability to unlock sides. Against sides who have most of the ball against us we'll be better as we're almost entirely reliant on counter attacks and winning the ball high up the pitch, we can't create against a side who allow us to have possession and just sit.

We need players who can create and play in tight spaces more comfortably. Lucas is our biggest threat in these games because he can actually unsettle defences, even if his final ball is usually not particularly good.

Poor performance again away from home, started slow and stayed slow. Let Watford relax into the game and feel comfortable.

If we don’t come flying out of the traps second half we are not going to win this. We don’t have the quality to create chances against a parked bus, we need to move the ball quickly before Watford get set. Their goalkeeper has had the easiest 45 minutes of his career.

Funny how most games you would have to work fucking hard to get completely free on the right hand side as a fullback/wingback, but this game we have Royal open every single attack and we still can't get any single bit of dangerous attacking play from it.

Emerson can't cross and it's hurting us... Regui has not been getting service at all. Hojbjerg is offering nothing going forward, however he's recovered the ball a lot. Son is inexistant yet again...

Back
Top Bottom