January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone going on about a RWB, missing the point in my opinion, hope it’s just paper talk.

What’s the point in targeting this area this window, when our only good CM is Skipp.
I’d happily upgrade Hojberg, Winks and Ndombele (as he’s clearly leaving) than Royale.

Everyone going on about a RWB, missing the point in my opinion, hope it’s just paper talk.

What’s the point in targeting this area this window, when our only good CM is Skipp.
I’d happily upgrade Hojberg, Winks and Ndombele (as he’s clearly leaving) than Royale.
both need upgrading this window

both as priority

we need a creative midfielder badly

Because if Doherty is leaving, you have only one RB.

What’s the point in targeting this area this window, when our good CM is Skipp.
nope disagree there.
I think we definitely need to upgrade on CM but RWB is a far more pressing issue based on how Conte wants us playing. It's clear Conte sees the the wing back positions as one of the most important positions in order for the system to work. If we don't have an attacking threat on either side the system because somewhat laboured and nowhere near as effective.

Emerson might come good one day (which I doubt in the RWB role) but right now, as Conte has already said, both wing backs have to offer more.

both need upgrading this window

both as priority

we need a creative midfielder badly
Dunno about priority RWB, I dont think Reggie is any better than Royale to be honest.

For me that’s just fine tuning and can be done in the summer or through coaching.

I think we lack the basics to be successful at the minute and that’s a true spine

CB, CM and Striker Id sign before looking at wingbacks

There is no way Levy pays €10m for a player this month he can get free in July. No chance.
I

Completely agree but Jan isn’t a buyers market so take any upgrade on offer…. Holjberg, Winks and Ndombele are awful but RWB can be upgraded easily (I like Royal but he’s a defender)

nope disagree there.
I think we definitely need to upgrade on CM but RWB is a far more pressing issue based on how Conte wants us playing. It's clear Conte sees the the wing back positions as one of the most important positions in order for the system to work. If we don't have an attacking threat on either side the system because somewhat laboured and nowhere near as effective.

Emerson might come good one day (which I doubt in the RWB role) but right now, as Conte has already said, both wing backs have to offer more.

The system would work a lot better if he didn’t have to play 2 DMs because one is shit as are our CBs

Put Cafu there, when teams just nullify our right side by doubling up then what? Pass it back to Hojberg and Winks?

Back
Top Bottom