Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Quiet Storm™.
Maybe Conte thinks English football fans are too primitive to understand or care about tactics.

I posted those quotes partly for a laugh, but also to point out that Conte is widely regarded as a defensive coach who goes absolutely bananas if anyone questions his methods. I can't be alone in noticing that he has his excuses ready after every single game. I hate this group of players, too, but it is deeply unsettling to see them being thrown under the bus so soon.

Did you see Mourinho's quotes during the week?

“We are where our quality allows. Episodes related to arbitration also force us to stay there. We're a mid-level team, which could have maybe three, four, five or six more points. But now, we made big mistakes: bad controls, bad pressing, bad passes. We are so wrong from a technical point of view. "

You can say it as much as you'd like, it won't make it any more factual.

Conte was hired on November 2nd, 2021.

Per Transfermarkt, only Lo Celso has been unavailable for more than he's been available under Conte.

Bergwijn has only been unavailable since December 27, 2021.

Re: Berg - This makes me question their data but I'll kick on and take them at face value......

Bryan Gil has been available for Conte more than he's been unavailable for matches (which were between 02.11.21 - 12.11.21 & 07.12.21 - 23.12.21).

Edit: Sessegnon also has been available for more than he's been unavailable for matches (which were between 02.11.21 - 14.11.21 & 21.12.21 - present).

The fact is that we played very little football between 27/11 (Burnley), 9/12 (Rennes), 12/12 (Brighton), 16/12 (Leicester)

These dates marry up against much of the time that the above players are stated to be available... They were useless to us as rotation options if there were no games being played anyway. When it all kicked back in and got hectic they were missing for a significant chunk of that time. (This also completely ignores the covid factor where we don't truly know who caught it, when and who suffered the most.)

Considering this; the only spell of significance becomes 19/12 > 05/01 during which Son played:

Liverpool 90
WHam 29
Palace 76

S'ton 90
Watford 90
Chavs 79

Not ideal; but as originally put to you re: Son..... Over the "busy xmas period" (tm) Conte had shown a desire to manage Son's minutes that our player availability has regrdless hindered. You haven't dis-proven this.

Perhaps if/when we know the nature of Son's injury we can resume this thrilling debate.

Maybe it was an impact injury suffered vs Chavski? Maybe it was an niggle that the player hid from the manager and he subsequently aggravated..... We (inc. you) don't know.

Last edited:
re Berg this makes me question their date, but I'll kick on and take them at face value......

The fact is that we played very little football between 27/11 (Burnley), 9/12 (Rennes), 12/12 (Brighton), 16/12 (Leicester)

These dates marry up against much of the time that the above players are stated to be available... i. they were useless to us as rotation options if there were no games being played anyway. When it all kicked back in and got hectic they were missing for a significant chunk of that time. (This also completely ignores the covid factor where we don't truly who caught it and when and who suffered the most.)

Considering this the only spell of significance becomes 19/12 > 05/01 during which Son played:

Liverpool 90
WHam 29
Palace 76

S'ton 90
Watford 90
Chavs 79

Not ideal; but as originally put to you re: Son..... Over the "busy xmas period" (tm) Conte had shown a desire to manage Son's minutes that our player availability has regrdless hindered. You haven't dis-proven this.

Perhaps if/when we know the nature of Son's injury we can resume this thrilling debate.

Maybe it was an impact injury suffered vs Chavski? Maybe it was an tiggle that the player hid from the manager and he subsequently agitated..... We (inc. you) don't know.
Ndombele
GLC
Berg
Doherty
Rodon
Aurier
Sissoko
Sanchez
Foyth
Janssen
Sess

300+ million of transfers (that was paid for by fans) flushed down the toilet

Maybe if our owners weren’t the biggest dumbfucks and would have made some decent signings, we could actually rest our players

re Berg this makes me question their date, but I'll kick on and take them at face value......

Bergwijn, Gil AND Sessegnon were on the announced substitutes bench for our match @ Burnley on 28.11.21 before it was PPed.

Son would've started.

The problem is we did not replace Bale or Vinny and Lamela only with Gil who is not ready. The lack of attacking players is bad enough when everyone is fit but as soon as one of them such as Son or kane gets injured we are in trouble. We need a new attacking player now not in the summer.

The problem is we did not replace Bale or Vinny and Lamela only with Gil who is not ready. The lack of attacking players is bad enough when everyone is fit but as soon as one of them such as Son or kane gets injured we are in trouble. We need a new attacking player now not in the summer.
Agreed.
Lamela has 4 goals and 2 assists this season in just 700 minutes

He’s only played 90 minutes twice.

We absolutely sold the wrong AM, and should have kept Bale, both of them would have offered so much more than Gil, Bergwijn

Bergwijn, Gil AND Sessegnon were on the announced substitutes bench for our match @ Burnley on 28.11.21 before it was PPed.

Son would've started.

So?

(What a puerile counter-argument.)

Is that the best you can come up with bearing in mind reality blows your former contradiction out of the water?

The fact remains no football was played for virtually 3 weeks before the matches I listed; by which time they were all getting injured or recovering from Covid again.

So?

(What a puerile counter-argument.)

Is that the best you can come up with bearing in mind reality blows your former contradiction out of the water?

The fact remains no football was played for virtually 3 weeks before the matches I listed; by which time they were all getting injured or recovering from Covid again.
K.

Well, only Lo Celso was unavailable on November 28, 2021 @ Burnley.

Our next match vs Liverpool was on December 19, 2021. Sessegnon played 86 minutes. Bergwijn and Lo Celso were unused subs. Only Gil was unavailable (due to COVID).

You keep talking bollox about the availability of alternative attacking options for Conte, and, instead of admitting that you may have mis-remembered, have pivoted to these specific 3 weeks for whatever reason.

K.

Well, only Lo Celso was unavailable on November 28, 2021 @ Burnley.

Our next match vs Liverpool was on December 19, 2021. Sessegnon played 86 minutes. Bergwijn and Lo Celso were unused subs. Only Gil was unavailable (due to COVID).

You keep talking bollox about the availability of alternative attacking options for Conte, and, instead of admitting that you may have mis-remembered, have pivoted to these specific 3 weeks for whatever reason.

Not sure if you're dumb or just trolling....... (A bit of both I suspect.)

You tell me; which 3 week period is most likely to contribute to a suspected case of fatigue:

1. A 3 week period where the club played NO games were played?

or

2. The subsequent 3 week period where the club played 6 games?

🤡

Last edited:
You tell me; which 3 week period is most likely to contribute to a suspected case of fatigue:

The subsequent 3 week period where the club played 6 games.
At least we've got you back on track to talking about the period where there were actually matches for Conte to not give some of our players adequate rest for.

:nunothumb:

Back
Top Bottom