Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Kane was the best player in the world last year. Son's been shit this season."

Son This Season
Non Pen Goals Per App: 0.47
xAssists Per App: 0.20
Non Pen Shot Conversion: 18%
Goals above xG: +1.0

Kane Last Season
Non Pen Goals Per App: 0.54
xAssists Per App: 0.22
Non Pen Shot Conversion: 13%
Goals above xG: +0

:goonermong:

Now we know why played like crap. Should have asked to be subbed.
I find that in every pro sports no player asks to be subbed unless they literally cannot play. Fair or not they don't want to be viewed as soft by their manager/teammates. I don't agree with this mentallity/perception but it is what it is.

Having said that I'm not necessarily saying that Son knew and played with an injury that serious.

Son’s out? Bergwijn or Gil has to step in now and start making contributions and we need more from Lucas too and our midfielders and fullbacks
Or we go 352 finally with Lucas and Kane playing off each other and one of Ndombele, Dele or Oo Celso behind them.

Dele playing behind Kane brings the best out of Dele. If we can’t sell him, might as well try using him.

But what IF Kane really does step it up what then? You and KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy will have some explaining to do LMAO 😇
I’ll give him credit when he does something well as I always do

Even if with Son out he plays shit but contributes with a meaningful and crucial goal tally I will absolutely cut him some slack.

Contrary to popular belief I have nothing against Kane other than his football recently.
If his football improves, what’s the problem?

FFS

I know he hasn't been in the best of form but Son being out for the rest of the month is awful considering the games we have coming up.

Couldn't have happened at a worse time......chelsea x2 and Woolwich games.

sad Son's out but now these guys who have been sitting on their backsides for all season need to siep up
But I thought that when they all played in the second 11 V the Euro conf league teams and they couldn't even get up for those matches (play well hope to get into first 11 via sub's spot)

FFS

I know he hasn't been in the best of form but Son being out for the rest of the month is awful considering the games we have coming up.

Couldn't have happened at a worse time......chelsea x2 and Woolwich games.

Hate to say but it is going to be so bad for those games without Son that maybe it would force the biggest January spending in the club history so it will work out better in the long run and Conte builds his legacy here which might help world peace and global warming too somehow

Hate to say but it is going to be so bad for those games without Son that maybe it would force the biggest January spending in the club history so it will work out better in the long run and Conte builds his legacy here which might help world peace and global warming too somehow
:levylol:

So the over reliance on Son which was obvious in his form has come back to bite us. The air miles the lack of rotation the over playing. Inept from our management.

Not really, just bad luck since Bergwijn and Gil wet out as well, Conte tried to manage his mins but in the xmas period where there's so many matches + covid injuries are bound to happenn

Conte tried to manage his mins but in the xmas period where there's so many matches + covid injuries are bound to happenn

This.....

Already said to bloke above you can't ignore the fact that Berg, Gio & Sess (and Gill for a spell) have all been missing for the bulk of the time.

Note: This is not to say we weren't a body light when the season started; but the criticism of poor management/rotation is BS.

This.....

Already said to bloke above you can't ignore the fact that Berg, Gio & Sess (and Gill for a spell) have all been missing for the bulk of the time.

Note: This is not to say we weren't a body light when the season started; but the criticism of poor management/rotation is BS.
But we did not have to play 3 up front every time. Changing formations is part of rotating players. Tuchel and Chelsea were limited defenders against us so they switched for 4 at the back instead of using 3 CB's. We could have played 532 like we did against Liverpool and give Son a break, then the next match give Lucas a break.

When we have 3 healthy forwards and plenty of midfielders, only using 2 forwards makes much more sense. Just seems a little stubborn by Conte to not switch.

Back
Top Bottom