Tottenham Hotspur v Moscow Blues | Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg | Wednesday 12 January 2022 | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry your right, its not that frequent but it does happen more often than people think. The only difference between then and now is that games get stopped - so people notice it. I can think of at least three games I've been to where fans have had heart attacks and you heard about it days or even weeks later.
tAlways? It happened extremely rarely

Why does football have to stop for crowd emergencies?

It didn't use to be this way.

Children die every minute in Africa through a lack of water and food. We don't stop for them.

If it's the quickest way to get medical attention to someone in an emergency, then who gives a shit about the game stopping for 5 minutes..... FFS You're watching on TV ... Go make a cup of tea, fucxk around on twitter or something.

Might not be a big deal but we didn’t just drop our keeper, he’s our fucking captain. Semi-Final of a cup. Love Conte but hard to understand. If he’s fucked fine, but he’s on the bench??

No it always happened but now officials react as the teams have defibrillators pitch side with the medical staff..
Yes it has happened forever, but just not publicized. I had heard that at Denver Broncos throwball games, there was on average one death at every game. 75,000 people, many old and out of shape, climbing stairs and getting excited.

I honestly think stopping the game is what's new. There were medical emergencies in the stands often, game didn't stop though so no one not in that section was even aware.

Once one gets stopped, people think it's the new procedure when it happens now (including refs).
You get 50,000 people in one setting and I guarantee that at least one person is experiencing medical distress.

Do all the anti-vaxxers, conspiracy idiots even know what the issue is with the fan today or fans in other games?

Or is any fan that needs attention have to be caused by a vaccine?

Again with the basically zero information we have trying to make assumptions, especially assumptions that go against science is ridiculous.

I honestly think stopping the game is what's new. There were medical emergencies in the stands often, game didn't stop though so no one not in that section was even aware.

Once one gets stopped, people think it's the new procedure when it happens now (including refs).
Most people with the ability to think rationally come to this conclusion.

Back
Top Bottom