NO NLD SUNDAY... 'cos FARCENAL are too chicken shit to turn up!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any chance we can get the last game of the 2005/06 season rearranged/replayed... Cos I'm pretty sure we had less than 13 fit players that day!!

Nah, thought not.

Fucking cunts the lot of them.

There is something SERIOUSLY, DANGEROUSLY wrong with football right now.

The PL statement read out on Sky actually stated:

Combination of Covid-19, existing and recent injuries and players on International Duty (AFCON)..

At least they are slating the decision. Like they said......the AFCON didn't suddenly creep up on us.. Why loan people out ?
It's all just corruption.

Honestly, the way teams like Woolwich and Liverpool have been using COVID to skirt their AFCON absences is disgraceful and should be investigated.

"The decision is a result of a combination of COVID-19, existing and recent injuries and players on"

ok so Suspensions doesn't factor into it? why is Xakha included in the unavailable players list then.

If this stands, and there are no more cases (though wouldn't be surprised if they made more up and the PL just accept their word on it), then at least people will no longer be under any illusion that crooks run the game.

If that’s really the case , then they should play or forfeit the game

Postponements have bugger all to do with injuries

Woolwich are obviously spineless wankers for trying to exploit the rules, but we all know what a bunch of cheating scum they are, it’s nothing new.

The mob that this shambles ultimately rests with is the Premier League (shock horror) Their farcical ruling that you cannot use players who aren’t “appropriately experienced” or whatever other bolloxology phrase they use to describe it is so utterly ridiculous it actually beggars belief, particularly in current times, and has well and truly come back to bit them in the balls here.
Has any other top league in the world got such an utterly pathetic rule? What is the point of having u23 squads? Is it any wonder that so many youth academics in The PL are utter toilet.

Just a complete and utter shit show, practically all of the Premier Leagues own making.
Wayne Rooney wasn't 'appropriately experienced' when he scored against them on his debut... He was 16.

They've been looking for a rule change ever since!!

The wanderers are running scared making a farce of the rules. They should be forced to forfeit. The agenda against Spurs is crazy.

I can’t wait for pool to smash them 5-0

The PL statement read out on Sky actually stated:
Combination of Covid-19, existing and recent injuries and players on International Duty (AFCON)..
Like they said......the AFCON didn't suddenly creep up on us.. Why loan people out ?
It 'cos ArseAnal are so fucking woke they don't see colour.... They didn't realise some of their black players WERE African!

What team would people like to see if this does go ahead?

Given that Dier is out and I insigne it’s a touch soon to rush back Romero, in think I want to see us shelving the 343 till at least one is fit. Sanchez is far worse in the middle than on the right, while Tanganga is on a very bad run. Rodon showed v Morecambe why he’s not getting a chance.

A 433 instead for me, and give Gil a go! I’d go:

Lloris
Emerson Sanchez Davies Reguilón
Lo Celso Winks Skipp
Lucas Kane Gil

Gollini Doherty Tanganga Sessegnon Højbjerg Dele Bergwijn Youth1 Youth2​

How long is Dier out?

From the Trust

Postponing the North London Derby
15/1/2022

The postponement of the North London Derby just over 24 hours before kick-off once again raises questions about football’s attitude to fans, and the integrity of competition.
We’ve always said we appreciate the current challenging circumstances, but the fact remains that fans had already made arrangements to travel and some have incurred substantial costs. There are now significant issues around ticketing for the Club and fans to resolve.

While our remit doesn’t extend to on-pitch matters, we have to express some surprise at the justification given by the Premier League for the decision reached. Postponing this match appears to be as a result of squad management decisions and injuries rather than COVID-19.

We will update with more information on ticketing and other practicalities as soon as is possible.

THST Board
15 January 2022

You just sense they will beat Liverpool and then play a Chelsea team with rumours abounding that Tuchel may be moved on in the summer.

It is more oomph to those we are in the middle of a hex.

Any chance we can get the last game of the 2005/06 season rearranged/replayed... Cos I'm pretty sure we had less than 13 fit players that day!!

Nah, thought not.

Fucking cunts the lot of them.

There is something SERIOUSLY, DANGEROUSLY wrong with football right now.
We had to play 5 players that had been chucking up just before kick off. I used to think it was a bit tin foil hat thinking it was a stitch up. I dont anymore.

Woolwich are obviously spineless wankers for trying to exploit the rules, but we all know what a bunch of cheating scum they are, it’s nothing new.

The mob that this shambles ultimately rests with is the Premier League (shock horror) Their farcical ruling that you cannot use players who aren’t “appropriately experienced” or whatever other bolloxology phrase they use to describe it is so utterly ridiculous it actually beggars belief, particularly in current times, and has well and truly come back to bit them in the balls here.
Has any other top league in the world got such an utterly pathetic rule? What is the point of having u23 squads? Is it any wonder that so many youth academics in The PL are utter toilet.

Just a complete and utter shit show, practically all of the Premier Leagues own making.
Pretty much every player in their U23 team that played the other night is an international at youth level, 1 of them is a full international for Mexico, and some of them have already played for the first team in pre-season. Now they can't sit on the bench apparently.

homer simpson money GIF

If they are not able to fulfill the fixture then they should have been made to forfeit. Bet the scum would have turned up then and would put a stop to any other corrupt clubs trying the same....

We can be mad at the decision all we want but as much as I hate Woolwich, we can't blame them. Everyone here knows if we were down to the very bare minimum, we would want the club to try moving the match. The league made this mess by allowing teams to move matches and now a precedent has been set.

So what happens if we have 6 or 7 injuries when it is finally played? You could be talking about a top 4 defining fixture, decided by a chinless wonder at the FA.

Cook up a single Covid case and we’d be sorted.

Pretty easy to “test positive” these days, all you need to do is go online and register a positive LFT.

That would be terrible behaviour, and it’s being actively encouraged by the PL.

I have no fucking doubt now that if Woolwich had suffered lasganagate the league would of given them a postponement. Its ridiculous a club being rewarded because one of their own players got a red card.

Sky have to make a statement to the EPL. And stop televising Woolwich games apart from the NLD.

Back
Top Bottom