Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems dangerously high. Not sure we'd be able to unload him at those wages if it doesn't work out.

We don't want another ndombele situation on our hands. I could very well see Adam turning out to be just a squad player (albeit a good one). Is 120 not too much for that?
As I read it the purported deal is a loan with an option.
Traore is EPL proven, has been training and playing for Wolves and given his all.
Whereas Ndoncarebele....
No comparison. Chalk and cheese.

I still think there's a possibility to play him as an alt. to PEH as a more creative outlet through the middle...

Think about him taking a pass from Skipp, running through the middle at terrified defenders, and 'all' he has to do is find Son or Kane with a short pass... if he's SO bad at crossing, then negate the need for even having to by playing him in the middle!!

Just my two'penn'eth!

He'll be played at RWB won't he?!

I would fully expect you would be leading the chorus of boos if he signed to Liverpool on £200k pw and not us, demanding we just "get the fucking thing done cheapskate cunts". or "and that's why we never compete with *insert name of club*

I think that's how it works right?
not at all just silly money for a player with average stats

same with sissoko

not at all just silly money for a player with average stats

same with sissoko
I too don't rate him highly (he's a unique beast of a player that's fun to watch, whilst also frustrating the hell out of me. A very similar player is Saint-Maximin but he is the real deal, does all the dribbles but delivers and holds the ball up and brings others into play).

But if Conte wants him then Conte gets him. I also rate Conte and many players flourish/improve under him, so my expectation is that he "could" get him playing like Sain-Maximin then happy days.

You get the drift of what I was saying though mate surely, as one of the serial windgers (not meant to be derogatory, merely IMO an accurate description).

Seems dangerously high. Not sure we'd be able to unload him at those wages if it doesn't work out.

We don't want another ndombele situation on our hands. I could very well see Adam turning out to be just a squad player (albeit a good one). Is 120 not too much for that?
I do know what you mean. Don't get me wrong, I've wanted him since last summer, I personally think that he would give us something very different, get us up the pitch in tougher games, and effectively create space for Kane and co to operate, plus at only c£20m it seems a gamble worth taking as if it doesn't pay off then you could probably sell him on in a couple of years without a huge loss - however £120k wages might make that more difficult... and it does seem a lot for him if he ends up as a squad player...

Let's just hope we're paying him those wages (if we even are) because Conte genuinely believes he will become an important part of our first 11...

I still think there's a possibility to play him as an alt. to PEH as a more creative outlet through the middle...

Think about him taking a pass from Skipp, running through the middle at terrified defenders, and 'all' he has to do is find Son or Kane with a short pass... if he's SO bad at crossing, then negate the need for even having to by playing him in the middle!!

Just my two'penn'eth!

I've not read this yet myself as I'm at work, so it might just be a load of rubbish, but here's an article talking about Conte using Traore down the middle rather than solely wide...

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2022/1/25/22898344/how-adama-traore-can-fit-into-contes-spurs#:~:text=As%20we%20explored%20in%20the,he%20plays%20down%20the%20middle.&text=Although%20there's%20certainly%20a%20case,forward%20position%20in%20Conte's%20system.

My concern is Adam is a Levy bargain purchase, vs Conte's real ask of Lamptey.

I hope I'm wrong. But we've been here before.
Problem with Lamptey isn't just the cost, but the injury record given the cost. Of course we'd all love Lamptey if he starts every game and is brilliant, but if we pay £50m for him then he turns out to be injured all the time (think GLC, Sess, Lamela sadly a lot of his Spurs career, there are so many others, hopefully Romero won't join that group...) then the fans would all be saying "Our scouts are terrible, they saw this guy's injury record at such a young age and were still stupid enough to pay so much money for him". It's all very easy in hindsight, but getting it right before it happens is so much more difficult...

One thing is for sure with Traore - surely he will be either a resounding success, or a total failure. Fans don't tend to allow much in between anyway, but with him I think that will be even more obvious, perhaps because he is not a complex or subtle player at all, he's very straightforward, and either it will achieve lots of positive things, or it won't. :/

You could of course be right, it could be that Conte wants Lamptey - but equally it could just be typical Paratici style showing interest in other players to say "we've got lots of options, we don't need your player" to Wolves as he did with numerous players last summer in the hope of not being held over a barrel price-wise. (And sometimes he means it / proves it - we seemed almost certain to sign Tomiyasu, yet seemingly changed our minds (rightly or wrongly) at the last minute). Who knows...

Last edited:
My concern is Adam is a Levy bargain purchase, vs Conte's real ask of Lamptey.

I hope I'm wrong. But we've been here before.
Given our push for him at an even higher price point in the summer, I think this is clearly a player Paratici covets.

In terms of him being Conte’s right wingback, we shall see. It’s a position Conte asks a lot of, some parts Traore is elite, others he’s clearly deficient.

Just my two'penn'eth!

You are describing Sissokko. Just running through the middle, with no ability to pass or cross.

You are describing Sissokko. Just running through the middle, with no ability to pass or cross.
Adama is a far better dribbler than sissoko. But yes, I agree.

He could sometimes be used as a 10 running as an outlet against teams we know we'll be pinned back against. Similar to Lucas. But it's still just best to have him do that on the right flank.

I would fully expect you would be leading the chorus of boos if he signed to Liverpool on £200k pw and not us, demanding we just "get the fucking thing done cheapskate cunts". or "and that's why we never compete with *insert name of club*

I think that's how it works right?

Nope that is not how it works.

And your BS hypothetical doesn't work because Liverpool doesn't look at limited players like him and don't massively overpay for them when they fuck up the initial assessment.

Back
Top Bottom