Worst transfers of the Levy era?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In recent times - Janssen.

I wont count N’dombele and Lo Celso as I was genuinely excited for them to join until they proved to be spineless drips, syphoning our cash like a couple of botox’d WAGs.

Bongani Khumalo​

Guy didn't even play a fucking game for us and he was here for 4 years
Who????
Shocked Ed Helms GIF by Apple TV

In terms of disappointment Soldado is really up there. I truly thought he was going to bang them in but he couldn't buy a goal.

Also being a kiwi I was stoked to get Nelsen... boy was that happiness quickly extinguished

So many, but the obvious candidates are where we actually spent some serious cash. It's this bollocks that promotes Levy's need to be frugal. Almost every time we spend a sizeable amount on players, we don't get the return we hoped or expect. Even Lamela, who I adore. Did we get our £30m worth?

Soldado, Janssen, Rebrov (at the time), Sissoko, Paulinho, Sanchez, Sessegnon, Lo Celso and NDombele. All cost a lot of money. None have really delivered.

A poster in another thread noted that he's such a tight arse, he doesn't see that he goes through 3 players that don't work when he should have bought the one player that cost the same that would have.

Back
Top Bottom