January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kulusevski is a player I've rated for a very long time, think he could kick on at the right club.
Surely not that long as he's only 21 years old
Don’t get the melting re getting Kulusevski, he’s struggled at Juve but who hasn’t exactly since he signed? Was very good the year before at Parma.

Of all the links we’ve had, here’s the only one I’ve seen to a player with genuine craft and a cerebral approach. There’s Eriksen potential there and, much like Eriksen in Pochettino’s team, if he clicks then he’d go some way to mitigating the lack of creativity from our central players.

I’m all for it and not just because there’s 3 days left of the window, I wanted him when we were first linked a few weeks ago too. I think he’d be a great complement to Son and Kane in the front 3.
This is the optimistic take. 21 for a creative forward is young, an age creative players can seem to struggle, before kicking on. KDB being prime example.

In general terms, think Kulusevski could work out in Conte’s system where he’d be more narrow. Problem is there’ll be no pace and width from WB to help down the flank as things stand. Won’t work with Doherty (too narrow and slow) or Emerson (too slow, not enough crossing ability to threaten out wide).

:auriergrin::dawsonlol::dembelelol::mourpointlaugh:

200w.gif

We should not be signing a player who doesn't start for their current club, unless there's a genuinely great reason to do so.
If every club had that idea, no one would move.

Genuinely, I don't think fans realise where we are as a club. We aren't Chelsea and Liverpool. We can't attract the biggest players from the biggest teams. We don't have that pull. Kulusevski might not be the player the fans want, but if its someone the manager wants, then who are we to say no? We wanted this manager, trust who he wants to bring in.

Back
Top Bottom