January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would much rather us sign Kulusevski than Ambarat. He seems to have a ton of questions about him and isn't an upgrade over what we have but at least he is young and might have some attributes that we are missing.

My concern with people saying he could turn into an Eriksen level player is that we should be signing the Eriksen level player now not having our "big" signing be someone we have to hope and pray can get for that level.

What is the difference in what he costs versus Guimaraes? I know some have questions about him but he would come in and immediately be our best MFer and add elements we need. Seems like it should be no question who we go for Guimaraes or Kulusevski.

If every club had that idea, no one would move.

Genuinely, I don't think fans realise where we are as a club. We aren't Chelsea and Liverpool. We can't attract the biggest players from the biggest teams. We don't have that pull. Kulusevski might not be the player the fans want, but if its someone the manager wants, then who are we to say no? We wanted this manager, trust who he wants to bring in.
I think Conte would prefer if we spent some money and bought a world class forward.
Maybe this is Conte's choice given the pre conditions that it has to be someone very cheap.

Reminds me a bit of Dembele when he's on the ball. Maybe he will be a good addition

I will back/support whoever we bring in. I mean, its not their fault that Levy/the club is a fucking mess.

Will take some convincing re this guy though, but so long as he comes in and puts in a shift, he will have my support (and I expect he will be very grateful to me for it).

Screaming Internally Star Trek GIF

I think Conte would prefer if we spent some money and bought a world class forward.
Maybe this is Conte's choice given the pre conditions that it has to be someone very cheap.
Would you rather sign Kulusevski on a loan with an option now, or no one and wait until the summer?

I imagine Diaz wasn't someone we thought we'd get this window, but the opportunity came up, and we jumped. Liverpool gazumped us. Reality is we should have been ahead of Liverpool but Levy stuck in 2018 and others twisted.

I'm not trying to say Kulusevski is going to be an amazing signing, but Conte has called for reinforcements. Rome wasn't built in a day. If the club can get 2 in for depth and 2 who Conte likes until the summer, then do it. Then have the summer as a chance for Conte to pick his players and get them. (I know, it'll just end up in the usual mess)

If every club had that idea, no one would move.

Genuinely, I don't think fans realise where we are as a club. We aren't Chelsea and Liverpool. We can't attract the biggest players from the biggest teams. We don't have that pull. Kulusevski might not be the player the fans want, but if its someone the manager wants, then who are we to say no? We wanted this manager, trust who he wants to bring in.

Paratici brought him into Juve. He doesn't fit the style of player that Conte has used before.

What is the chance that it is Conte pushing for him and not Paratici going in for a player he knows and can get because he is panicking?

Fan analysis like you advocated as credible yesterday possibly?

Jaynola Jaynola - So you disagree with your own rhetoric?

Odd.

Hmmmm that's never what I said, but you keep digging your hole, pal.

Man, I get why so many people on here hate your guts...you're making it pretty easy to be fair

You said it's perfectly possible for fans to make credible assessments of a players mentality, temperament etc, by watching their games and browsing their social media.

Now it's NOT viable?

If we don't sign a quality RWB, I say play a kid from the academy. We're bound to have a good one and he can't do worse than Emerson and Doherty (even combined), especially from a commitment/energy point of view. You know the kid would literally burst a gut to show he belongs. Fuck it, play the kiddo. Look how good KWP is now he's getting regular gametime.

Same in midfield. I'd rather we play Harvey White, who loves the club, who understands what it is to be a Spurs, rather than a Amrabat who's gonna take time to adapt to the English game (and language/culture). Especially cause he'd only be backing Hoj/Skippy/Winksy. Give him 20 mins a game, each game, and see how he does. Very little downside, is it...

This is really a strange rule about Irish players and something the English FA could easily do something with ...
Cathal Heffernan is also being linked to AC Milan, so I presume he's a bit of a talented lad.

IRELAND'S MOST famous race walker Rob Heffernan's son could be set for move to Germany.

Cathal Heffernan is being linked with a move to Bundesliga giants Bayer Leverkusen and cannot move to England due to Brexit rules restricting a move to a British club until he is 18.

The younger Heffernan plays for Cork City as a defender. The player’s management team, Sire 7 posted a social media post showing the corkman wearing the German club’s kit with the caption ‘soon’.

Many people will know his father Rob Heffernan, who competed at the 2012 Olympics, Heffernan finished ninth in the 20km race, a week later he finished fourth in the 50km for Ireland

Back
Top Bottom