January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If You miss out on Luis Diaz because Liverpool beat you to it or it got leaked too early etc.. Fine. That's fine.

But what is KEY is how you react to that. If Spurs are actually angry then go make a reaction signing to that.

Conte clearly wants A RWB and CM and ST.

So this is what you do. Use that £50m you were willing to spend on Diaz on those positions. Maybe 1 of tose positions , or maybe all 3. BUT PLAYERS THAT IMPROVE THE FIRST XI. because that's what Conte wants.

We clearly have some money so let's actually spend it.

Some suggestions?

Wirtz , Nkunku , Aouar , Bissouma
Doku , Raphinha , Anthony , David , Bowen , Danjuma
Lamptey

All are gettable...
we should be dropping 50mil on the table to Leeds for Raphinha

We just won’t do it

Zero ambition

Not been online much over the last few days so just been catching up. Fucking hell, what a mess. I had extremely low expectations of this window, but it’s genuinely looking like we may come out of it in a worse position than when we started.

It really is relentlessly amazing.

Conte loves fast players, yet we've been linked with two slugs as our most probably transfers.

Why are we being tormented like this??

This is what I think happened in the boardroom:

Conte: "Daniel, I would like us to sign Luiz, Lamptey, and Vlahovic in the January window. We are very far behind the big clubs and these players will be a huge influence in helping us compete for trophies."

Levy: "Antonio, thankyou for letting me know your requests. As you know, I'm fully commited to getting this club to the level that you require and highly respect your opinion on football matters. With that said, I absolutely cannot fulfil any of the requests you've made. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

This is fast becoming a comical mess. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted Ndombele, GLC and others away from this club, but loans with no option to buy, half wages etc does no fucking help to us whatsoever. Loaning Bryan Gil and getting in a Juventus sub ? Literally desperation and I’m pretty certain Spurs are a social experiment to see how far you can push a football fan. Is there any other way of explaining the ludicrous nature at our club ? Spurs Better have something truly special lined up incoming Monday otherwise I see it getting incredibly toxic quick at the next home game

I never saw it with lo Celso. I saw glimpses of brilliance with Ndombele but lo Celso was always a mix of meh and injuries
Can't say I agree with you my Iberian brother. I had high hopes, liked the little I'd seen and was won over by a Betis mate's ravings. Thought he started quietly then really started picking up, then.... oh yeah... got injured. And again. And again. Then he seemed to get better for international games...

I'm not going to defend him now, obviously, but, like Tanguy and Dele in another universe I suppose, he's one of the few players in our midfield squad capable of changing things.

And we're going to swap him out for an utterly vanilla Harry Winks back-up apparently.

I can't even be bothered to lol tbh.

Levy's finally broken me.
This makes me sad.

Ultimately my priority is what happens in the 95 minutes off action. I believe Kulusevski improves that experience.

All the superfluous noise, it’s being background for me.
It really is relentlessly amazing.

Conte loves fast players, yet we've been linked with two slugs as our most probably transfers.

Why are we being tormented like this??
We chose this club so wet deserve it

We don't get much income from shirt sales. That goes to the manufacturer this is a common misconception we get a lump sum when we sign a deal. Plus 80m on a striker who will at least have to split playing time while the rest of the team is pants seems a bit silly.
Whilst by and large you are right it’s not quite that simple. For top It’s often a mix of fixed payment and a % of all sales.
The lid was lifted on deals like this when new balance vs Liverpool fc ended up in court over renewing their shirt deal.
Although it’s of note to contract lawyers for its impact on the validity of matching clauses it handily lays out the terms of Nb’ and nikes offer in graphic detail.

Interesting reading you can view it in full here. New Balance Athletics, Inc v The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Ltd [2019] EWHC 2837 (Comm) (25 October 2019)

But suffice to say any shirt deal is HIGHLY unlikely to pay for any player in the EXTRA shirt sales or even come anywhere close. (Although I could see that for example signing say Harland or prime cr7 could allow you to renegotiate in order to benefit from the obvious massive rise in shirt sales but that’s complicated for all sorts of reasons.)

Source: me. This is my day job. And before you ask. Yes I do have a very good view of what our deal is. No I’m not telling. It would be professional misconduct and lead to me being struck off.

This is fast becoming a comical mess. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted Ndombele, GLC and others away from this club, but loans with no option to buy, half wages etc does no fucking help to us whatsoever. Loaning Bryan Gil and getting in a Juventus sub ? Literally desperation and I’m pretty certain Spurs are a social experiment to see how far you can push a football fan. Is there any other way of explaining the ludicrous nature at our club ? Spurs Better have something truly special lined up incoming Monday otherwise I see it getting incredibly toxic quick at the next home game
Spot on mate.
The outgoings don't seem to benefit us. The players either aren't actually getting a loan where they need it or we aren't getting the cash we need.

And the links they aren't improving the squad. Players that we need to come in are players that come and walk into the first XI. iTS A fucking joke.

If You miss out on Luis Diaz because Liverpool beat you to it or it got leaked too early etc.. Fine. That's fine.

But what is KEY is how you react to that. If Spurs are actually angry then go make a reaction signing to that.

Conte clearly wants A RWB and CM and ST.

So this is what you do. Use that £50m you were willing to spend on Diaz on those positions. Maybe 1 of tose positions , or maybe all 3. BUT PLAYERS THAT IMPROVE THE FIRST XI. because that's what Conte wants.

We clearly have some money so let's actually spend it.

Some suggestions?

Wirtz , Nkunku , Aouar , Bissouma
Doku , Raphinha , Anthony , David , Bowen , Danjuma
Lamptey

All are gettable...
Wirtz is gettable if you are willing to pay like £70-80m+ for him. He won't come much cheaper than Havertz.
Bissouma still is not cleared of rape charges.
And if Liverpool are after Raphina ... see Luis Diaz.
Not very likely that West Ham will sell one of their best players, Bowen, to Spurs.
Aouar was hot 2 seasons ago ...
Yes, all are gettable but for crazy money - something Levy won't do.

Wirtz is gettable if you are willing to pay like £70-80m+ for him. He won't come much cheaper than Havertz.
Bissouma still is not cleared of rape charges.
And if Liverpool are after Raphina ... see Luis Diaz.
Not very likely that West Ham will sell one of their best players, Bowen, to Spurs.
Aouar was hot 2 seasons ago ...
Yes, all are gettable but for crazy money - something Levy won't do.
I guarantee you could get one of those players I listed for the money they were willing to offer for Diaz.

So why don't they try...

Back
Top Bottom