Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something kind of Sonny-like about this signing. Haven’t seen him raved about or hyped up before but that turned out well.

If you like stats kuluveski’s expected assists are monstrous and that’s while he hasn’t been playing with finishers as good as Kane and Sonny.

I’m choosing to be an optimist but I think this could be a real good signing. Young but physically mature (unlike Gil). Versatile. Great work rate and defensive contribution. His ability to play with his back facing players is a real strong suite and I really think he can be our true backup CF. Looks to be creative with his passes. The Juventus fans don’t rate him stuff is overrated. Been through multiple coaches there, they always run a deep squad, sometimes it’s just not the right situation. His per min numbers are quite good.

He looks slow. Have there been any successful slow wingers in the prem?

Chadli? Good player for us and we made a mistake moving him on when we did.

But forwards wise Berba was slow as fuck also and class

And reaching back I don't ever think Matt Le Tiss was very fast was he?

On the signing though I'm willing to give him and anyone else a chance as it seems the are replacing GLC and Ndombele in the squad

So there contribution can't be worse then 2 players who legit have contributed zero all season

Chadli? Good player for us and we made a mistake moving him on when we did.

But forwards wise Berba was slow as fuck also and class

And reaching back I don't ever think Matt Le Tiss was very fast was he?

On the signing though I'm willing to give him and anyone else a chance as it seems the are replacing GLC and Ndombele in the squad

So there contribution can't be worse then 2 players who legit have contributed zero all season

2 decent players that are always available is going to be much better than Lo Celso and Ndombele.

Lo Celso wasnt exactly quick and played on the right many times. At least we have a proper winger for the job now.

Bumping what I said about him in the transfer thread awhile back, think he's well worth the punt. He'll be an improvement on any of our forward players in terms of creativity except Kane too, a nice option to have.

"Was unreal at Parma in 2019/2020 as a 19 year old, 10 goals and 8 assists in a midtable Parma side. To put into perspective how good he was, in the 2020 Golden Boy Award voting he finished sixth. Behind only Haaland, Fati, Alphonso Davies, Sancho, and Camavigna. He was ahead of Foden, Szoboszali, Saka, Vinicius Jr, Ferran Torres, Greenwood, and Gravenberch.

Juve then pays huge money for him, 40m plus incentives. He played a lot last year under Pirlo and did okay. Had 4 goals and 3 assists in 19 starts, in a relatively disappointing Juve season. Hasn't played as much this season under Allegri in an even more disappointing Juventus season. So it's a little hard to sort through what to make of his time at Juve as they've had two pretty poor seasons.

In terms of him as a player, he's a bit of a tweener. He's tall and well built without top end speed, but his main position has been RW throughout his career though he's also played up top and in a role behind the striker. With us, he'd compete with Moura for that right inside forward role, which I think he's well suited for, or could play up top in a 3-5-2. He's got a nice left foot and cuts in well from the wing and he's also pretty creative and racks up assists and key passes at a good clip.

If we were to go for him, you'd be betting on his pedigree as one of the most impressive and coveted young players in Europe only 18 months ago. We'd have never had a chance to land a player like him then, so you'd be buying low after he's been pretty mediocre at Juve. But Juve as a whole has also been mediocre. He's still 21 and doesn't turn 22 until late April, so far from a finished product.

I think it's a worthwhile gamble if we could flip Lo Celso or Ndombele for him. It's a disappointment for disappointment flip, but he's 4 years younger than those two and arguably had a higher pedigree. Think he'd be good competition for Lucas for now at worst, while offering something a bit different than Lucas does, with potential to be way more than that."

At least this is a loan first, so there is a way out.

Not very exciting, but at least this is sensible move. We need another attacker who potential and add goal and assist. This guy role is similar to Lamela. A supporting attacker, but not creative hub like Eriksen.

Back
Top Bottom