What’s your most cherished, prized Tottenham Hotspur possession ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A big Spurs rosette bought before 1967 cup final v Chavs at Wembley( was 14 at the time) Rosettes were all the rage at the time , so beating the bastards and having the rosette I was chuffed to hell. It’s lovely to look at it now and again and remember how beating them back in those days was par for the course. Great memories , those were the days!!

Like some others, I have my actual ST seat from WHL. The best seat I’ll ever have had. I also have my ticket from Ajax away in the CL semi final and my ticket and programme from Wembley 1991 vs the cabbage patch kids.

'81 FA Cup Final replay ticket (unforgettable queue for the ticket but what a night) and Ossie Ardiles book signed by the man himself (had a good chat with him as last in the queue at the book signing - looking at the photo we took of the occasion now and I am only 5' 9 but tower over him!)

I don't have huge amounts of Spurs memorabilia despite being a fan for over 40yrs, and having a ST for 25yrs.

I guess, the clump of WHL turf I pulled up at the final match, and which is now growing as part of my garden.

I also have the tickets (£8 West lower) and programme (signed by Pat Jennings) from my first ever Spurs match.

To be honest though, my most cherished possession from my time supporting Spurs is all the friends I've met since I became a ST holder. We've been through a lot together - and I do miss the awayday weekends some of us we were able to make about 20yrs ago when we were all unmarried and child free!

(Fortunately in recent years, we've been able to squeeze in a few midweek European away days!)

IMG-20220130-213636.jpg

Have my seat etc from white Hart lane but the above is something I've had for a while that I've always liked.
Also got a old programme from around 97 which is signed by most of the players from going to the players lounge after the game.

When I was a boy in the late 1960's, Typhoo Tea did a promotion where you had to collect so many tops (6?) from the packets of tea. These you would send off and get a choice of a coloured, signed photo of one of the top 6 players in England at the time. Mike England was one of the players. Unfortunately, we didn't drink Typhoo in our house, (strictly PG Tips). But one of our next neighbours drank Typhoo. She saved the tops for me and I got my photo, which I put on the wall of my bedroom.
I left home, time moved on and I forgot all about the photo.
Until about 3 or 4 years ago, when visiting my mum in Ireland (my parents retired to Ireland after spending most of their working lives in London). She starting showing me bits of stuff she had kept and wanted to know what I wanted to do with it.
There was Mike England (in a protective polythene covering).

Somewhat related: When WHL was demolished, I purchased a seat online as a present for my old man. As I live in Australia, this cost a fortune, had to get it delivered to a friend of mine that lives in London as they wouldn't ship overseas, who then shipped here. When it arrived it was obviously in the two parts, after giving it to my dad we gave it to a friend of his to be welded back together so it would actually look like a chair. This then took a lot longer than I was expecting, he kept saying it was in the garage and would get round to it. Two months later we find out his wife did some spring cleaning in the garage and she chucked it in the bin as she thought it was rubbish. So my prized possession is in some dump in Australia.

Somewhat related: When WHL was demolished, I purchased a seat online as a present for my old man. As I live in Australia, this cost a fortune, had to get it delivered to a friend of mine that lives in London as they wouldn't ship overseas, who then shipped here. When it arrived it was obviously in the two parts, after giving it to my dad we gave it to a friend of his to be welded back together so it would actually look like a chair. This then took a lot longer than I was expecting, he kept saying it was in the garage and would get round to it. Two months later we find out his wife did some spring cleaning in the garage and she chucked it in the bin as she thought it was rubbish. So my prized possession is in some dump in Australia.
That's seriously unfortunate, but it's a quality story that you would never have had.

When I was a boy in the late 1960's, Typhoo Tea did a promotion where you had to collect so many tops (6?) from the packets of tea. These you would send off and get a choice of a coloured, signed photo of one of the top 6 players in England at the time. Mike England was one of the players. Unfortunately, we didn't drink Typhoo in our house, (strictly PG Tips). But one of our next neighbours drank Typhoo. She saved the tops for me and I got my photo, which I put on the wall of my bedroom.
I left home, time moved on and I forgot all about the photo.
Until about 3 or 4 years ago, when visiting my mum in Ireland (my parents retired to Ireland after spending most of their working lives in London). She starting showing me bits of stuff she had kept and wanted to know what I wanted to do with it.
There was Mike England (in a protective polythene covering).
It's amazing how small they can ink the fonts these days isn't it. :)
In reality it would just be THFC at a struggle!

I really really really wish I still had the Spurs wooden rattle I had in the early 1960's. It was massive - way too big for a little kid. Goodness knows what happened to it. Still have some programmes from around that time though.

My Uncle gave me a load of old programmes and stuff when I was a kid.

Some of the photos are a bit crap, I took them ages ago.

IIPmwq7.jpg

S360Umm.jpg

9DG11Pj.jpg

b5Q0o7O.jpg

samSazV.jpg

jLjq8qH.jpg

yliRsxm.jpg

Sadly I don't own one of these magnificent tracksuits...

3VRO2zs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom