What’s your most cherished, prized Tottenham Hotspur possession ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm quite fond of that little keyring they gave out with membership packs containing grass from the lane... well hopefully it's from the lane. Knowing Spurs it's probably from a garden waste bin.

Otherwise it's my first Spurs shirt.
My brother that's 9 years my junior was forced to wear it the moment it hung above his knees, and now is faded with parts of the badge etc peeling away. But a lot of childhood running about was done with this shirt on.
01_YT91FAHOME-00001.jpg

The pen that the original school boy founders signed their Hotspur FC contracts with .
Bought it of a drunk bloke in the bookie by Wood green station in the 80s.
Only £500 quid, luckily i had just won that on an accumulator in the very same bookies!!
Right place right time. And i wasn't even aware that those cheap BIC pens were around in 1882.

On more serious note
The 61 cup final programme
My old autograph book from the 7)s
The Evening standard (or maybe the Evening ,haven't looked at it in ages) spurs story book. its the history of Spurs,that was serialised in a comic strip in the paper. You cut out and stuck them in a book you send off for. It was just after the double and my dad did for my brother as i hadn't been born yet.
several history books from the 50s/early 60s that were my fathers as well, Spurs supreme being one.
EDIT
How could i forget my first match programme(Stoke,Nov 76) and many of the tickets from my first season.76/77

I'm quite fond of that little keyring they gave out with membership packs containing grass from the lane... well hopefully it's from the lane. Knowing Spurs it's probably from a garden waste bin.

Otherwise it's my first Spurs shirt.
My brother that's 9 years my junior was forced to wear it the moment it hung above his knees, and now is faded with parts of the badge etc peeling away. But a lot of childhood running about was done with this shirt on.
01_YT91FAHOME-00001.jpg
Got an old sports bag somewhere with all my old shirts from when I was a kid.

My Uncle gave me a load of old programmes and stuff when I was a kid.

Some of the photos are a bit crap, I took them ages ago.

IIPmwq7.jpg

S360Umm.jpg

9DG11Pj.jpg

b5Q0o7O.jpg

samSazV.jpg

jLjq8qH.jpg

yliRsxm.jpg

Sadly I don't own one of these magnificent tracksuits...

3VRO2zs.jpg
Love the cover of that 1955 Lilywhite magazine. And the 'hand drawn picture' for the equivalent of 37.5p! In today's money, that would be about £30, according to the Bank of England Calculator.

When I was a boy in the late 1960's, Typhoo Tea did a promotion where you had to collect so many tops (6?) from the packets of tea. These you would send off and get a choice of a coloured, signed photo of one of the top 6 players in England at the time. Mike England was one of the players. Unfortunately, we didn't drink Typhoo in our house, (strictly PG Tips). But one of our next neighbours drank Typhoo. She saved the tops for me and I got my photo, which I put on the wall of my bedroom.
I left home, time moved on and I forgot all about the photo.
Until about 3 or 4 years ago, when visiting my mum in Ireland (my parents retired to Ireland after spending most of their working lives in London). She starting showing me bits of stuff she had kept and wanted to know what I wanted to do with it.
There was Mike England (in a protective polythene covering).
Your Mother is a Legend.
God bless her.
:adesalute:

phew! That makes it a bit less stressful.
My Spurs doll called Cyril. I wrote a letter, handwritten not email cos it hadn't been invented to Le Coq to ask if they could make me a miniature Spurs jersey for him. Unbelievably I got a reply asking me for his measurements. I then received a perfect tiny Spurs jersey with badge printed on and a piece of navy fabric for me to make a pair of shorts. It wouldn't happen nowadays. I was absolutely delighted and I took him to the games. He is priceless and if I can work out how to send a photo I will do . They asked me not to say where I got it from cos everyone would want one. I don't think they'll mind me saying now

My Spurs doll called Cyril. I wrote a letter, handwritten not email cos it hadn't been invented to Le Coq to ask if they could make me a miniature Spurs jersey for him. Unbelievably I got a reply asking me for his measurements. I then received a perfect tiny Spurs jersey with badge printed on and a piece of navy fabric for me to make a pair of shorts. It wouldn't happen nowadays. I was absolutely delighted and I took him to the games. He is priceless and if I can work out how to send a photo I will do . They asked me not to say where I got it from cos everyone would want one. I don't think they'll mind me saying now
What a lovely story , you don’t get that sort of service nowadays

Too many to mention, but a few stand out.

A yellow away shirt bought in Elsey's in the mid-70's.
Not an official shirt, but the closest they had to it back then.

The SSC pennant from our win at Anfield in '85.

I used to work with Cliff Jones son.
He got me a Spurs shirt signed by his dad and Pat Jennings.
He also got Martin Chivers to sign his autobiography book.

Reminds me of my wife's eccentric uncle who lives in Australia (great bloke who tells brilliant stories). On the boat trip out there (£10 poms) they stopped in Rotterdam (?) and he bought a coat from a Dutch shop. After about 30-35 years this coat finally died so he wrote to the manufacturer to tell them what a brilliant coat it was and how long it had lasted etc etc. The upshot being that they actually sent him a new one to Oz for free. Now that's service!

P.S it probably lasted so long because it is always 40 degrees over there and he never had get it out of the wardrobe.

My Uncle gave me a load of old programmes and stuff when I was a kid.

Some of the photos are a bit crap, I took them ages ago.

9DG11Pj.jpg

I'd love a better scan of this boot ad if you ever get the chance......... It's awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom