Steve Hitchen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HITCHENS IN OR OUT?

• Total voters
I'm pretty worried Everton are going to become a threat now; first Dele, now this
Angry Chelsea GIF by MolaTV

Glad I swerved the whole thing, judging by this clip. How fucking contrived is it to pretend like the head of recruitment has to explain the transfer window to the tea lady at a football club. FFS.
I hope you got 70 seconds into the video. It’s comic gold.

Hitchen: “We can attract so many more players now than 5 years ago.”

Followed by: “Steve and the band got ahead of the competition with an early January signing. 21 year old Gedson Fernandes, a highly rated Portuguese midfielder.

:dembelelol::dawsonlol::mourhandlaugh::sherwoodlol::gio:

Matt Law is a fucking moron of epic proportions and his article trying to hold up Hitchens as if he was Spurs saving grace that we are pushing out is ridiculous. I knew Law was the dumbest reporter out there but Jesus Christ.
Certainly means that Hitchen leaked info to Law previously in my opinion.

Hard to find a bigger cunt writer than Law

QUITS!!

100 years of experience!!

Unprecedented

Did anyone think our scouting/transfer business was top?

Seems clear, with the 'added money to scouting' tweets, that Conte/Paratici were like WTF when they saw the list his (Hitchens) contacts/scouts had produced for key positions he wanted. That angle makes sense of us ultimately treading familiarity (if the actual scouting part is not Paratici's bag, more the schmoozing, list filtering with Manager, project managing essentially), with Juve and Italian based targets.

Would love us to get really technical on physiology, plus scout everywhere properly, don't care if the are 19 year old data geeks, passing filters onto guys with good eyes, just get some serious recruitment talent onboard now please!

Agreed bro . I can't believe how he said he did not like the Jan Transfer window. A director of football or what ever his title was should relish that time as an opportunity to make deals and cut off dead wood.
Exactly brother, I spat out my coffee when he banged on about how shit the January transfer window is. Fuckin ell mate, if you can't deal with a january transfer window as a chief scout if I'm not mistaken, then that says a lot about your willingness to work, in my opinion.

Strange move all round:

Everton: SH hardly has a good track record.
Hitch: Everton are in an FFP stranglehold.

Conclusion: Clubs weren't exactly queuing up.

On reflection; inevitable he'd leave though.... Effectively demoted to head of youth and domestic recruitment once Fab got comfy in his DOF chair. Fair play to SH if he stuck around for 6 months just to help Fab settle in though.

Back
Top Bottom