The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

no ones talking about wolves... theyve conceded 8 less having played one more... fuck , if they score a few more they'll be around 5-7 causing problems....

no ones talking about wolves... theyve conceded 8 less having played one more... fuck , if they score a few more they'll be around 5-7 causing problems....
Played some pretty good football early on but got beaten a lot. Tightened up a bit since then and getting results now.
But looking at some of their results, they're not brilliant.
In Dec they scored a single goal. a 1-0 win at Brighton. 0-0 Vs Chelsea and Burnley and lost 1-0 to City, and Liverpool. I'd say they're hard to beat but not a big threat of winning. Then again, January and they start scoring.
Typical. Could go either way in Feb

Played some pretty good football early on but got beaten a lot. Tightened up a bit since then and getting results now.
But looking at some of their results, they're not brilliant.
In Dec they scored a single goal. a 1-0 win at Brighton. 0-0 Vs Chelsea and Burnley and lost 1-0 to City, and Liverpool. I'd say they're hard to beat but not a big threat of winning. Then again, January and they start scoring.
Typical. Could go either way in Feb
they've weakened their attack too with Adama, no one came in?

they've weakened their attack too with Adama, no one came in?

Ins

Hayao Kawabe (£500,000)

Chiquinho (£3m)

Jeung Sang-bin (£1m)

Outs

Adama Traore (Barcelona, loan)

Leonardo Campana (Inter Miami, loan)

Hayao Kawabe (Grasshoppers, loan)

Bruno Jordao (Grasshoppers, loan)

Jeung Sang-bin (Grasshoppers, loan)

Dion Sanderson (QPR, loan)

Ryan Giles (Blackburn, loan)

Lewis Richards (Harrogate Town, loan)

Jack Scott (St Patrick’s Athletic, loan)

Luke Matheson (Scunthorpe United, loan)

Theo Corbeanu (MK Dons, loan)

Andreas Sondergaard (Hereford, loan)

Louie Moulden (Ebbsfleet, loan)

Austin Samuels (Inverness, free)

Oskar Buur (released)

19 goals in 21 games, less than 1 gpg and we're in Feb...I'd normally say winning games by such tight margins isn't sustainable (we know that) but here we are with 3 months to go and they are still in the race...not sure I'd put them as a top 4 team at the end of the season but they could possibly challenge for it.

19 goals in 21 games, less than 1 gpg and we're in Feb...I'd normally say winning games by such tight margins isn't sustainable (we know that) but here we are with 3 months to go and they are still in the race...not sure I'd put them as a top 4 team at the end of the season but they could possibly challenge for it.
They have been reliant on Jimenez for so long. After his injury he's not the same player. They don't have jota anymore either. Goals was always going to be a problem. I like Hwang but he's never been a consistent goal scorer.

With the squad they have Lage has recognised that getting them organised is the best way to ensure they stay in games to pick up results. They were never going to be high scoring.

I still grimace when I look at our goal difference.

We have to sort that out. Its worth an extra point with it being so tight.

We really need to start instilling a ruthless streak when we play the shit teams.

The GD was piss poor because of Nono. 1-0 1-0 1-0 then 0-3 0-3 1-3 and another 0-3 to United. -7 when he went. Shocking.

Since Conte it's +9

Says a number of factors:

- The fact that for the last 2 seasons he’s struggled to hold down a starting spot the longer the season has rolled on.

- The fact that they were happy enough to lose Traore mid-season without a commitment to purchase from Barca.

- The fact that for this season he had been usurped by a loanee; a player who they’ve chosen to keep on despite being older than Traore.

- The fact that Nevez is simply a much better football player and although ageing; so is Moutinho. Also, despite currently being injured, Neto is too.

...What makes you say he is?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom