Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem is Emerson, Sanchez, Winks, Hojbjerg maybe Davies wouldnt even stand out at a Palace or Leeds. Proper 10th to 15th place players. For all the good Lloris, Romero, Son, Kane and at a push Moura can do its like being weighted down by crap. You can maybe carry 1 or 2 mid table players, not 5.

This loss is another one down to Conte.
Hog sub was a bad one.
OK, we need to give the new guys time but we should have just steadied the boat.
What will we do when we run out of managers to appoint?

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, we just can't keep blaming every single manager who takes the job?

Any time in the game when we put them under a bit of pressure they didn't look all that really, but we spent so much time just standing watching them do what they liked.
If you just put him under a bit of pressure Oreu Romeo isn't going to pick anyone apart with his passing.
I am just not sure that it is in Spurs’ dna to play defensively. Didn’t work with Jose, didn’t work with Nuno and if we play with such an easily dominated midfield I fear it won’t work for Conte.

Fingers crossed that gambling big at the last minute on Juve's cast-offs and failing with the eternally-protracted negotiations about everything including talented creative players, while hemorrhaging creativity from an already lacking squad doesn't fail completely eh?

It was a good game for our future, 'cause there are some players who fooled him into thinking they are reliable and should, maybe, be retained.

Not after tonight.
Expectations were too high, just cos we've got a world class manager does t mean he can work miracles with some of our poor quality players. He'll sort out the dross, I think he's trying to prove a point to DL. Maura is a hero, why take him off?

Rebuild needed. Half of the team was decent, the other half was horrendous. On nights like these you know who's up to the task and who needs to piss off.

Yeah, cause I compared that Southampton team that's pretty much the same and have the same Ralf as manager, that happen we beat under Mourinho, so I have to support Roma? What's the logic behind that you genius? Fuck off.
Whats the logic in talking about a game that happened a year and a half ago. Hows that applicable to now genius.

Tbf, and in the name of balance, even Hassenhutl has just admitted it’s the best he’s ever seen his team play since being the coach.
Cause he was playing against a joke midfield and a right sided defense pairing that have pub league technique level.

I played a pub game last Sunday night. It was the best we played in ages and we looked like prime Barca. Of course it was because the other team defended like a bunch of muppets.

Last edited:
For me the bad substitution was Bergy for Reg (tho of course the latter may have been exhausted).

I thought He was our best player tonight, along with Romero. Unlucky not to get a goal or an assist

Back
Top Bottom