Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Emerson and Sanchez right side has been getting targeted all bloody game, and you see why.

Have to ride out with Doherty until the end of the season, not even trying to be that guy but I can’t name one thing he offers.

23 attempts to 7. Not sure what the game plan was tonight. If you play with 2 defensive midfielders with the idea of playing on the break surely the idea is to soak up pressure and restrict the opponent’s attempts on goal. Clearly didn’t work
Any time in the game when we put them under a bit of pressure they didn't look all that really, but we spent so much time just standing watching them do what they liked.
If you just put him under a bit of pressure Oreu Romeo isn't going to pick anyone apart with his passing.

Honest to god, if you take Davies, Winks, and Emerson out of that lineup and replace them with non-brainfart players, we don't concede more than a goal and win.

Fuck.
Davies was a slip - it happens. Emerson needed more help as he was being targeted (which Lucas did give him until he was replaced).

Hindsight’s easy - but PEH off in place of Winks and Lucas for Kulu were wrong options. Maybe next time…

So happy when Hojbjerg was taken off!Then Royal decided to have an absolute nightmare.Kulusevski certainly needs to speed up his game.Just when I saw some light at the end of the tunnel someone turned off the switch!Sanchez was also poor and Winks after a great run of games .....

Also Kulusevski is super one-footed and not the quickest, I think he might be best as the third CM in a 3-5-2. He's tall too, maybe he could make some late runs into the box like what Dele used to do

And today we saw the utter irony of football.

Outplayed in the 1st half and even ,on top in the 2nd hald and we lose.

The team today is a long way from being ready.

Kane and Lloris were beacons on an otherwise dark and dreary night.

A painful reality check right there.

Why am i stupid? We beat southampton with other managers too. Year and a half ago youre talking about.
Stupid statement.
You a child with the name calling?
Yeah, cause I compared that Southampton team that's pretty much the same and have the same Ralf as manager, that happen we beat under Mourinho, so I have to support Roma? What's the logic behind that you genius? Fuck off.

You are an idiot if you think thats homophobia. Its not insulting towards any gays.
He is a fucking fake cry baby. Everything is homophobic to him. I genuinely believe he is the actually homophobe. I said he must be Hoijberge lover such was his defence of the donkey. That is not homophobic unless you think that's a bad thing. Ignore the twat. He is barely coherent. Can't think of an actual intresting contribution from the fraud.

It's amazing how Winks gets morphed into the pantomime villain by the same fucking names.
Can you imagine if he had stood off a lethal crosser like JWP, not once but twice in 3 minutes, like Bentancur did?

For the record, I thought Rodri was great apart from those two moments of slowness, but it seems that people actively like to blame their scapegoats and have a blind spot for others

Davies was a slip - it happens. Emerson needed more help as he was being targeted (which Lucas did give him until he was replaced).

Hindsight’s easy - but PEH off in place of Winks and Lucas for Kulu were wrong options. Maybe next time…
To be fair, I retract being too harsh on Davies - he's been very good generally at LCB since Conte came in.

It does feel like Emerson brings down everyone else's grade just by playing near him.

Back
Top Bottom