The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would say Wolves will beat us given that they are a better side than Southampton, after that the Etihad, that will be 4 league losses in a row. Same type of shit losses have been happening for 3 seasons in a row now.

Southampton played a cracking game to be fair. Next they go to Old Trafford on Saturday…
Wolves play Woolwich twice this month (and West Ham). Woolwich games TBC are us at WHL, Liverpool at home and Chelsea away…
United got City away in March then us and Liverpool away a week after.
Everyone around us is as poor as us or worse and will lose games.
Despite today’s watch that nearly got me a stroke I think we should be on a way up with all the players coming back.
Get Skipp next to Bentancur and it’s a different story.
We’re well in it.

To get top 4 when all but a handful of players are mid table quality is nigh on impossible. You might skirt around the edges like we have the last 2 seasons but ultimately it catches up with you. Only hope we have is Utd have the squad but seem completely disorganised, West Ham small squad, Goons similar to us. Think reality bit tonight though, i'd be amazed if we did it.

Sorry if I intervene after a defeat: I guess you will be with your ass turned. Jon I want to be disrespectful but let me say 2-3 things. I read too much pessimism. You are a good team. Apart from the first three (Man City-Liverpool-Chelsea) you are able to play for 4th place with anyone. I saw some pieces of tonight's game: too bad to be true, 2-3 players had a lousy level but to tell the truth Southampton seemed to me to play at a level that was not theirs, too high. They are bad nights: you have to treasure them and push! Man United have big problems, West Ham and Woolwich don't seem good to me (they also lost the forward to Barcelona). Bentancur made a good impression on me: believe me, he's great. It was sold only for now it was not the right fit for the idea of the club (recreation of a strong group of Italian national players such as the 2006-1982 World Cup)

Sorry if I intervene after a defeat: I guess you will be with your ass turned. Jon I want to be disrespectful but let me say 2-3 things. I read too much pessimism. You are a good team. Apart from the first three (Man City-Liverpool-Chelsea) you are able to play for 4th place with anyone. I saw some pieces of tonight's game: too bad to be true, 2-3 players had a lousy level but to tell the truth Southampton seemed to me to play at a level that was not theirs, too high. They are bad nights: you have to treasure them and push! Man United have big problems, West Ham and Woolwich don't seem good to me (they also lost the forward to Barcelona). Bentancur made a good impression on me: believe me, he's great. It was sold only for now it was not the right fit for the idea of the club (recreation of a strong group of Italian national players such as the 2006-1982 World Cup)
You could see that Kulu was not a prem player, tho, right?

I couldn't see him working here before we bought him, and still can't.

Zero pace.

Don't care how proficient his left foot might be; we need more than that.

I'm very wary of Paratici, now.

Very concerned about what he'll do in the summer.

Too many misses already.

Southampton played a cracking game to be fair. Next they go to Old Trafford on Saturday…
Wolves play Woolwich twice this month (and West Ham). Woolwich games TBC are us at WHL, Liverpool at home and Chelsea away…
United got City away in March then us and Liverpool away a week after.
Everyone around us is as poor as us or worse and will lose games.
Despite today’s watch that nearly got me a stroke I think we should be on a way up with all the players coming back.
Get Skipp next to Bentancur and it’s a different story.
We’re well in it.

But Southampton didn't in the 2md half. We were the better side by far in the second 45 but went to sleep.

It was painful and the worst is when you compare it to us four years ago, it brings tears to the eyes..

How far we have fallen..

You could see that Kulu was not a prem player, tho, right?

I couldn't see him working here before we bought him, and still can't.

Zero pace.

Don't care how proficient his left foot might be; we need more than that.

I'm very wary of Paratici, now.

Very concerned about what he'll do in the summer.

Too many misses already.
I would wait before definitive judgments

I would wait before definitive judgments
Time isn't going to imrpove his speed, unfortunately.

There are some players I'm comfortable pre-judging.

This is one of them (but happy to be proved wrong).

He'll come up with some nice through-balls here and there and the odd assist; but, overall, his lack of dynamism will limit his involveent.

And I think we have to play him here:

----------------Kulu-------------------
---Son------------------------Kane

To get the best out of what he does have to offer.

His lack of recovery will kill us if he's wide.

My pre match optimism has certainly been tainted after that really poor display .Unfortunately as we all know we have so many bang average players who have or never will find a level of performance needed to push us on .While points wise we are well there it will be a very poor league if we somehow get fourth .

My pre match optimism has certainly been tainted after that really poor display .Unfortunately as we all know we have so many bang average players who have or never will find a level of performance needed to push us on .While points wise we are well there it will be a very poor league if we somehow get fourth .
Worse still, Woolwich are most likely IMO.

Back
Top Bottom